View Single Post
05-17-2016, 01:08 PM
Nepsotic
8===========D~

: Aug 2011
: 5,425
Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)Nepsotic  (3941)

Dark Souls 3 is by far my favourite Soulsborne game. It feels so refined compared to the others.
I've racked up 169 hours as of now, and I'm currently nearing the end of my no-healing run. I think I went through NG+ and stopped at Aldrich so I can keep this character at the PvP meta and host fight clubs after Pontiff's arena. The dried finger is so cool, it allows you to summon up to 5 phantoms/dark spirits, which makes hosting tournaments shitloads of fun.

The most trouble I had with the no healing run, funnily enough, was Crystal Sage, mainly because it's a boss fight designed to make the player tank through the wombo combos with healing items, which obviously I wasn't allowed to do. Pontiff took me about 5 attempts once I realised that you can parry the shit out of him, and on my successful attempt I managed to parry every single one of his attacks and beat him without getting hit once, the fight lasted about 50 seconds.

I get why people are annoyed about the gimmicky bosses, but I like the switch up, and I like how basically every boss has multiple phases. Ancient Wyvern seems to be a very hated boss, but I loved it because it's basically an epic action set-piece that's tense as fuck. Something which Dark Souls has never really done before.

The two most difficult bosses for me were Nameless King and Soul of Cinder, both of which I have yet to beat in the no healing run.
Favourite bosses have to be the Dancer (sexy af), the Abyss Watchers and Pontiff.

Also, to anybody wanting to get into PvP, the Dark Sword is OP as fuck, but it still takes some skill to learn unlike the fucking Estoc. You can grind Darkwraiths for it. You can also farm Black Knights for their Greatsword which is probably my favourite weapon in the game, despite being a dex user.

Last edited by Nepsotic; 05-17-2016 at 01:11 PM..