View Single Post
05-17-2016, 09:38 AM
Dynamithix
Wolvark Grenadier

: Aug 2010
: Finland
: 4,794
Dynamithix  (3134)Dynamithix  (3134)Dynamithix  (3134)Dynamithix  (3134)Dynamithix  (3134)Dynamithix  (3134)Dynamithix  (3134)Dynamithix  (3134)Dynamithix  (3134)Dynamithix  (3134)Dynamithix  (3134)

I've been playing a lot of Dark Souls 3 lately, over 70 hours as of now. I'm now at the final boss in NG+ but I'm trying to farm some of the covenant items etc. before moving onto NG++. I really like the game, it's a much better Souls game than Dark Souls 2 imo, it feels like a proper sequel to Dark Souls. At first I thought the references to the first Dark Souls were very heavy handed and tacky, but as I played more and more I realized it was a lot more than just fan service. I liked a lot of the boss designs (especially Oceiros and Dancer of the Boreal Valley!), but sadly quite a few of them relied on some gimmick/had a very familiar moveset, but I realize that it's probably kind of hard at this point in the series to design bosses that feel new and inventive to a fan of the series. A few bosses did cause me quite a lot of trouble though (Aldrich, Nameless King and Pontiff Sulyvahn for example) and I had to summon help in some parts of the game. I'm using a Pontiff Knight Curved Sword +5 right now and rocking a Dexterity-heavy build. I also have fully upgraded Blood Claws that I use occasionally. It's so satisfying when you pull off the bleed effect on an enemy just by jumping and slashing away at them, very fun. But yeah, Dark Souls 3 is a really fun game.