View Single Post
09-22-2017, 07:47 AM
FennecFyre
Bola Blast

: Feb 2016
: Heck if I know.
: 437
FennecFyre  (854)FennecFyre  (854)FennecFyre  (854)FennecFyre  (854)FennecFyre  (854)FennecFyre  (854)FennecFyre  (854)

Holy hell, that was awesome. A few of the design choices puzzled me a bit, and I'm still hoping we get gameplay footage, but overall I'm pretty friggin' excited. My scattered thoughts on the matter:

Lorne looked kinda nervous, although to be honest I don't blame him at all. If you put me in front of a big crowd and told me to talk about my life's passion, I'd be pretty damn nervous myself. Once he got to the Q&A and more one-on-one talk, though, you could really see him light up.

I love the mudokons have more unique faces/builds, since that was something that always bothered me in the originals (although given that they were all mass-hatched workers, I could sort of rationalize it in-world). Alf's face seemed a bit weird, and I'm wondering where his fez went, but Toby is adorable and I want to hug and protect him forever. Still waiting to see Ed lol.

Post-lightning Molluck looks badass, and I'm loving the "mark of Cain" theme-ness going on there. It's like nature itself just rose up and bitch-slapped him.

I am gonna miss the three amigos, though. Dripik, Aslik, and Phleg were fun characters, although these new guys seem like they'll be worthy successors. The new gluk designs in general are terrifying and disgusting and I love them. Excited to see more of the vykkers later, hopefully.

The cinematics looked amazing, definitely film-quality, although like I said I'm hoping we see real gameplay here soon.

I'm also glad you don't have to kill sligs, since they're pretty much slaves themselves. Maybe some will even start to stand with the mudokons eventually, although I doubt it.

Throughout this whole thing I feel like you could make a joke about Abe leading a communist revolution, good thing it's not the 40s-50s anymore xD

And finally, YES DEAR GOD please give us a new artbook.