View Single Post
04-11-2021, 05:21 AM
Admiral Zaarin
Thudslug

: Aug 2007
: classified
: 167
Admiral Zaarin  (229)Admiral Zaarin  (229)Admiral Zaarin  (229)

After passing a good portion of the game I have to say that I enjoy it. Turned out really well! I have to note I like the way the scavenging and crafting mechanics diversified the game's tactics. Initially I was sceptical about the ladder-climbing segments but they turned out challenging in a good way.

As for the story, I've given in to temptation and watched all the cinematics. They're awesome and the story is good enaugh for me! Although I feel like they had to throw away much stuff to finally get the game released. I'd say that mostly shows in how the glukkons' characters are left underdeveloped. The point about delusion and mistrust is nice but to me it wasn't detailed enaugh. Seems like the story lacks a character like Aslik from Exoddus who understands the true situation but actively tries to use it against his peers to get the upper hand no matter what. Still a good thing they've decided to release the game now though.

As for the side-characters, I totally like the slig chaffeur and the way he trolls Molluck all the time