View Single Post
03-13-2019, 02:30 PM
seriouslyoddfan
Stunk

: May 2003
: Earth
: 41
seriouslyoddfan  (65)

> why where all the Mudokon blind?, while i know it's because they where digging up their ancestors bones for use in Soulstorm Brew do any of the Mudokon even know what that place is if all of them grew up in slavery would they even understand the significance of the the Necrum burial ground at all?

I think it's safe to infer that the blind mudokons were blinded by their employer in order to keep them from freaking up about digging up their ancestors.

As you say, I wouldn't expect those born into slavery to understand the cultural significance to free mudokons / their ancestors. However, surely they deal with death on a daily basis (workplace accidents / incidents); still seems sensible to control them in this manner.

Moreover, it may be more effective to consider it as a metaphor for how disconnected the mudokons (arguably, all persons of Oddworld .. gluks, sligs, etc) have become from life before the Magog Cartel and consumption based economy.
"What follows is for those who want to change the world from what it is to what they believe it should be. The Prince was written by Machiavelli for the Haves on how to hold power. Rules for Radicals is written for the Have-Nots on how to take it away."

-Saul Alinsky