View Single Post
05-28-2016, 01:26 PM
Mr. Bungle
Wolvark Sloghandler

: Jul 2010
: Great White North
: 3,668
Mr. Bungle  (3539)Mr. Bungle  (3539)Mr. Bungle  (3539)Mr. Bungle  (3539)Mr. Bungle  (3539)Mr. Bungle  (3539)Mr. Bungle  (3539)Mr. Bungle  (3539)Mr. Bungle  (3539)Mr. Bungle  (3539)Mr. Bungle  (3539)
idk if i used those colons right LOL

:
I played Fallout 4 for the first time today. Three hours in, and I'm trading it back in later today. How the hell can people enjoy this shit? I've never been so fucking bored playing an AAA game in my life, especially a Fallout game, which I've put hundreds of hours into Fallout 2 and NV.
Yeah, it really is a travesty. I'm hoping so bad that the NV team comes back to make another side story, but it seems like Bethesda and co. are still salty that they got outdone so hard.

Anyways, I've been playing the original Dark Souls again. As much as I love 3, and will probably continue playing it forever, it just lacks a certain level of balance and worldbuilding. OG Dark Souls has perhaps the most immersive and interesting world I've ever seen, it truly invites a feeling of exploration as well as isolation that you just can't get with all the dead ends and instant teleportation that you see in 3.

Also I tried doing a paladin build and it just feels like it's nigh-impossible to get gud at being something other than a heavy strength slammer or a dexterous slashey combofiend That's my biggest issue with the game: classes seem pretty unbalanced. My pyromancer is rather good, but from what I understand it's the closest you can get to a solid non-combat class, which is sad to me because in the original (as well as in Demon's Souls from what I understand), virtually any play style is viable.

Great game, though, and don't get me wrong. I think it's miles ahead of Dark Souls 2: the core mechanics are at their best (for the most part) and the bosses are exhilerating (for the most part; treeman and skeleking can frig off). I just wish there was a bit more versatility with the classes/play styles.