View Single Post
04-06-2022, 02:00 AM
Manco
Posts walls of text

: Aug 2007
: based damage system
: 4,751
Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)Manco  (14074)

:
same here, my whole army was just plastic. i don't know if the models are different now but back then you had to glue the arms, legs, torso and head together for each model giving you a lot of freedom on how you want your army to look. that was the best part for me. i'm not sure if these days the models are one whole piece or not.
:
I collect necrons and death guard, although I haven't painted anything in time. If you have IG you can see my work @gagulta.
A lot of the newer models are monopose or have very limited posing options, but they do make up for that by having really nice poses and way more detail than the older kits. The issue is that there's a trade-off when you allow for too much freedom in the posing, that means every pose you can make just feels a little flat.

:
yeah recently i have a proper hankering to play a WHFRP campaign but i don't know anyone whose into that shit, and i definitely don't want to be GM or DM or whatever you call it because i'm not compos mentis enough to do that competently lol. i wouldn't know where to begin, man.
As someone who currently DMs for one game and at one point last year was DMing for 3 games a week - yeah it can be rough if you get in too deep. It's hella satisfying though, if you can get a low-stakes game set up and running to give it a try you might surprise yourself.

:
I collect necrons and death guard, although I haven't painted anything in time. If you have IG you can see my work @gagulta.
[...]
Didn't like then turning necrons into space tomb kings, though. Didn't like that one bit.
Necrons are my jam, that's the faction that originally got me into the setting. I've made my peace with the changes to their lore - it's allowed them to have much more personality and character, while taking away the feeling of them being overpowered. Now they're immortal psycopaths who killed their gods and enslaved their broken shards, what's not to love?

twitter (stream of thoughts)
steam (games i never play)