View Single Post
11-22-2017, 06:33 AM
OANST
Necrum Burial Grounds Moderator
Our worst member ever

: Jun 2003
: Them dark fucking woods
: 12,320
OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)

:
Been thinking about picking this up, would you say it's worth getting the Switch for?

I've been playing a ton of Shovel Knight recently including it's free dlcs with playable Plague Knight and Specture Knight.
I love this game so much, not just for the gameplay and awesome ost but Plague Knight and his partner Mona are just too perfect, they are both the most adorable, evil cinnamon rolls to ever exist.

Plague Knight love aside, each character you can play as has a very different way of playing, Shovel Knight is rather normal, getting power ups as you go and being able to jump on enemies and hurt them. Plague Knight is rather lose in terms of controls as he can use expolsions from his potions to blast himself round which is the most satisfying thing when you get it just right. Specture Knight is the ultimate edge lord being dressed as the grim reaper, he can run up walls for short time but can't jump very far and doesn't have as many power ups as Plague or Shovel.

Attached is some fan of of Plague Knight and Mona that I simply cannot get enough of.

At this point, with Mario, and Splatoon, and Arms, and Zelda all being fantastic games, I would say that you probably can't go wrong getting a Switch. I played Breath of the Wild on WiiU, but I've bought a Switch to give to my daughter for her birthday in a few weeks, and I've bought another Switch to give to my step kids for Christmas. I've played some games on Switch, (courtesy of a guy I work with) and they have been a lot of fun to mess around with.

Shovel Knight is a great game. My daughter plays it a lot, and just loves Plague Knight. I pre-ordered her the three pack of Amiibos that will be out some time next year. It has King Knight, Plague Knight, and Spectre Knight.

My bowels hurt.