thread: COVID-19
View Single Post
09-28-2020, 07:59 AM
MA
DOES NOT COMPUTE

: Nov 2007
: shit creek
: 5,106
MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)

:
I didn't except this exaggerated response from you
no, that wasn't an exaggerated response, that was exactly what i was feeling when i responded to your verbal diarrhea. if you're going to talk utter horseshit and claim this virus isn't all that bad then i'm going to call you a fucking moron and move on with my day.

:
I know we're in a pandemic and it's affecting our lives enormously, that's why I can't wait for all of this to end. The only thing we can do is keep ourselves healthy (with masks, social distance when needed, healthy alimentation and everything else).
When you said that I probably didn't realize how fucked this situation is, believe me, I know. It affected terribly my last year of art school but I thankfully managed to finish it with success; I lost a job 3 days later I got it, because my boss was changing his broken mask with another and got caught by a cop, and because of this his store got fucking closed; everyone was fucking scared and had to take care of their own family (like in my case) and had to get through the economic issues we all had to face, and the goverment promised they would help us by lowering taxes and sending us money... they didn't do any of this. A very few people got the money they deserved and other had to get out of their houses and then get arrested later for being around. And ofc, everyone was scared of dying of this virus or anything else. You think I don't know how fucked up this is?

Plus, I did that comparison between the seasonal flu and the covid not because I'm a "twonk": I did that to understand better Varrok's point and to make you think a little; if the seasonal flu makes more victims than the covid in the span of a year then why weren't we in a pandemic already?
We were doing other stuff instead: take care of our regular health care (keeping yourself clean and protected from random infections, sneeze and cough in a protected way, anything our doctors and parents taught us) and stay home when you get the fever or anything else that might infect others. All of this before the pandemic started ofc.
Meanwhile people were obviously dying of seasonal flu in the hospitals but people didn't actually talked about it, the media didn't actually talk about it and that's why it wasn't such a big deal in the past.
Don't get aggressive MA, this will only make things worse and I don't want you to be like that. Even though I understand your anger.

Thanks, it's the longest post I've made for sure I just wanted to put everything I know and think about this whole situation.
Btw you can prevent getting the covid not only by wearing masks but also by incresing your body defense with vitamins, physical activity (I'd suggest to make it limited and at your home, especially because winter is coming) and keeping your own house clean. Improving your immune system defenses can help you resist any type of virus attack (this doesn't make you invunerable to viruses, but it does help). If you don't know much about this stuff you should look it up, it's info that everyone should be taught of.
seriously dude, just shut up. i'm not going to fucking debate this with you. if you don't think we're in a pandemic right now then you must be fucking braindead. i mean, literally. i'm honestly staggered that there are people being so dismissive over this crap. personally i've already had two people i know die because they caught this corona shit at a bad time for them which lead to complications so i've been forced to understand that this is very real and dangerous, and people like you quibbling over the details arguing whether it's a real fucking pandemic or not genuinely make me sick. i don't care if it doesn't rate very highly in your Big Book Of Deathtolls, i really truly do not care my petty little friend.

i'm not saying there isn't a media circus, and i'm not saying that covid is as deadly as smallpox, but what i am saying is that it's still dangerous and shouldn't be taken lightly. i don't think that's bad advice. let's take the virus seriously shall we? can we do that guys? is that okay? can we not be stupid dumdums for a moment here? is that good?

and no, this isn't me wanting to go back and forth with you swapping arguments and shit, this is just me telling you that you're fucking stoopid to be arguing about this shit right now. i'm not going to sit here and argue with someone i don't even know about how dangerous covid is. i didn't realize this was a thing, i didn't realize some people had to be spoken to like a little baby and have it explained to them that "corona really is quite bad! you should avoid it! and stop shoving crayons up your arse!". absolutely pathetic.

i know! maybe you should start comparing covid to how many people get eaten by bears every year! after all, that's the real threat! that's the real pandemic, man! you're a fucking donkey.