thread: COVID-19
View Single Post
09-28-2020, 03:55 AM
Phoetux
Riot Slug

: Aug 2016
: Joe's Pizza
: 559
Phoetux  (881)Phoetux  (881)Phoetux  (881)Phoetux  (881)Phoetux  (881)Phoetux  (881)Phoetux  (881)

:
we're in a pandemic you moron. i understood Varrok's point perfectly, you can't compare a virus to smoking and shit. give me a fucking break. there's always twonks like you that feel the need to be pedantic about the details. you think the deathtoll should be higher for a pandemic? who cares if the fucking black plague or whatever was more deadly than this shite, it's still dangerous.

i don't think you realize how fucked up it is to have some random virus infecting thousands of people in different countries indefinitely without having any way to stop it other than saying "wear a mask and stay a few feet apart". so please fuck off with your "it's not that serious" bollocks.
I didn't except this exaggerated response from you I know we're in a pandemic and it's affecting our lives enormously, that's why I can't wait for all of this to end. The only thing we can do is keep ourselves healthy (with masks, social distance when needed, healthy alimentation and everything else).
When you said that I probably didn't realize how fucked this situation is, believe me, I know. It affected terribly my last year of art school but I thankfully managed to finish it with success; I lost a job 3 days later I got it, because my boss was changing his broken mask with another and got caught by a cop, and because of this his store got fucking closed; everyone was fucking scared and had to take care of their own family (like in my case) and had to get through the economic issues we all had to face, and the goverment promised they would help us by lowering taxes and sending us money... they didn't do any of this. A very few people got the money they deserved and other had to get out of their houses and then get arrested later for being around. And ofc, everyone was scared of dying of this virus or anything else. You think I don't know how fucked up this is?

Plus, I did that comparison between the seasonal flu and the covid not because I'm a "twonk": I did that to understand better Varrok's point and to make you think a little; if the seasonal flu makes more victims than the covid in the span of a year then why weren't we in a pandemic already?
We were doing other stuff instead: take care of our regular health care (keeping yourself clean and protected from random infections, sneeze and cough in a protected way, anything our doctors and parents taught us) and stay home when you get the fever or anything else that might infect others. All of this before the pandemic started ofc.
Meanwhile people were obviously dying of seasonal flu in the hospitals but people didn't actually talked about it, the media didn't actually talk about it and that's why it wasn't such a big deal in the past.
Don't get aggressive MA, this will only make things worse and I don't want you to be like that. Even though I understand your anger.
:
Great wall of text by Phoetux. That was quite lecture.

Only thing i heard about Covid-19 is that our defenses tries to over do with the healing in some cases but heh... i'm not expert on this one.

Not feeling to take risk with this virus though.
Thanks, it's the longest post I've made for sure I just wanted to put everything I know and think about this whole situation.
Btw you can prevent getting the covid not only by wearing masks but also by incresing your body defense with vitamins, physical activity (I'd suggest to make it limited and at your home, especially because winter is coming) and keeping your own house clean. Improving your immune system defenses can help you resist any type of virus attack (this doesn't make you invunerable to viruses, but it does help). If you don't know much about this stuff you should look it up, it's info that everyone should be taught of.