12-21-2006, 05:35 PM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

: Jan 2005
: Lost in Space
: 818
Gretin  (167)Gretin  (167)

:
The gamemaker idea sounds pretty cool, except that I have no idea how to use it. I do think the wc3 world editor would work better, though, if we had some people skilled with it.
I know how to use Game Maker, though, so if enough people were interested I could always handle that part; the part I don't like is making sprites
But I wasn't really thinking of just these chapters you've written, I was thinking of a game that's based on the general idea of this story (with the whole forum thing and stuff - and you can't forget the humour! ) but with a different story instead. And I figured that, seeing as this is the ODDWORLD forums, perhaps it could be an Oddworld styled game, like the original two. Of course, it would be pretty hard to get the graphics the same, but considering it's supposed to be humourous I don't think there'd be any harm in making it a bit more cartoony than the Oddworld games were

I mean, we could even do something like say, the n00bs have captured most of the forum members and enslaved them, so you have to go through their fortress of d00m and rescue as many forum members as possible or something like that. Get what I'm saying?

I think you, Mitsur, would probably be best for making a storyline for it, though (if you wanted to, that is) Maybe I should make a thread to see what interest there is and to get ideas?