05-15-2019, 10:43 AM
Abeguy
Outlaw Mortar

: Apr 2003
: United States of Merka
: 1,940
Abeguy  (264)Abeguy  (264)Abeguy  (264)

:
Personally I love everything about this trailer (except the huge eyes, nothing's perfect).

Can't wait to see how all the new features interact in the 2.9D world (yeah Lorne has decided to brand it like that...)
Can't disagree with the style thing. There was a lot of hype for this to change the style of Oddworld to something grittier and more real, but this ultimately feels like a half-step. It looks similar enough to what came before, but...more uncanny valley.

You're right, though, Xav, this trailer has a lot to be excited for.

I can't help but feel the trepidation of the extra complications that the new game mechanics bring. The gameplay of AO and AE seem refreshingly simple in comparison. But I'm sure after a few hours of playing SS it'll seem like second nature...if done well.

Having Lorne describe it as 2.9D just seems so...wonderfully on brand for the man. And it really does a good job of explaining it in a single term. This is the kinda of thing young me dreamt of when thinking of new Abe games, thought definitely not as fleshed out as what we're seeing.

In summary, I repeat:

HYPE

EDIT:
Also check out this delightful gem from an interview with Lorne

https://venturebeat.com/2019/05/13/h...rld-soulstorm/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ha.png
Views:	889
Size:	10.1 
ID:	14637  

Last edited by Abeguy; 05-15-2019 at 11:03 AM..