04-16-2001, 05:47 PM
Elum
Spark Stunk

: Apr 2001
: USA
: 373
Elum  (12)

May the Expert on Elum please speak.

Here is all that I know. Back in the days of the making of Abes Oddysee...there was a thing called an Elum Trap. When Elum walked under it, the thing turned on, and trapped him, for later meat processing. Then Abe would disarm the trap. Then, after a lot of discussion...they decided to just have some honey would be a lot easier. Elum would find the honey, and Abe would have to get him away. Mainly, they just wanted something to slow down abes travel through Scrabania. What I would like to know, were the Elum traps in Paramonia too?

Also...someone posted about this in the old forums. Do you know the first Movie in Abes Oddysee...and it shows those big bones, where the mudokons are pulling the levers making them go? Do they look like Elum rib cages or what?!

Here is the pic that I have :

My opinion...I am glad they didn't make the poor Elums into food products..but I dont see why they wouldn't have. I bet they do in some of the later games. But if they did, I bet more Elum stuff would come out, which would be really awesome. And..I like the idea of Elum loving honey more than I like the idea of him getting trapped!