View Single Post
04-06-2022, 01:40 PM
MA
DOES NOT COMPUTE

: Nov 2007
: shit creek
: 5,106
MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)

:
A lot of the newer models are monopose or have very limited posing options, but they do make up for that by having really nice poses and way more detail than the older kits. The issue is that there's a trade-off when you allow for too much freedom in the posing, that means every pose you can make just feels a little flat.
yeah that makes sense, thinking about it there were quite a few limitations in posability with the old models. for example a simple infantry unit would have arms bent at the elbows to imitate marching along or whatever, so obviously you couldn't do something like have one of them cheering with sword and shield in the air because the arms aren't fucking straight. character models were centered around keeping unit formations together and trudging around the battlefield.

:
As someone who currently DMs for one game and at one point last year was DMing for 3 games a week - yeah it can be rough if you get in too deep. It's hella satisfying though, if you can get a low-stakes game set up and running to give it a try you might surprise yourself.
i would fucking love to. i need friends. i'm a miserable cunt and no one likes me. help me get friends.