View Single Post
01-03-2011, 10:26 AM
Oddey
Outlaw Bomber

: Oct 2007
: Denmark
: 2,190
Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)

OOC: It has indeed been quite a pleasure. I enjoyed this one, more so than the last, and I say we do this again next time. There is something rather nice about a short quest RPG. I wonder if it would be possible to do an Oddworld version of say... The Thing or something.

The way I remember most of this is like this: We came in with a big team, along with two slogs. We met skelesligs, hellhound slogs, zombie big bros, mudokons and all kinds of sick creatures. Along the way, we lost some team members and some roleplayers, good chaps, all of them. And then we found our way to the lab, where we through simple error released the Creeper. We beat him with superior firepower and numbers, and we're getting out alive.

Personally what I did not like was the general choice of creatures. It felt "haunted house"-like with skeletons, zombies and the like. Personally I would have liked some kind of really strange grotesque creatures unknown to anyone. Even if it was just some kind of Vykker's experiment. Skeleton sligs just don't float very well in the waters of believability, if I do say so myself.

What I did like was the much more organized and simple combat methods. Rather than have to go through long OOC discussions regarding how one should attack without godmodding, you just roll a dice, and that pretty much solves all combat related problems normally encountered with other RPGs. True, this way is a tad more simple, but that is the beauty of it. Actually I pretty much like everything about The Creeper, except the choice of foes.

IC: 'Oof,' thought Kipricat as he recovered from a jet of steam straight to the face. That was the last thought that passed through his mind for a few minutes. At that moment, Kipricat finally let his legs cave in. It was over, and he was alive. Lying back and relaxing for a short moment, he suddenly felt a sharp pain nearly everywhere. With a somewhat shaky hand, he pulled out his medical kit and again used whatever he could find to help himself. Feeling a lot better after another few minutes, he got up, and followed Furlong to the Delta Subway line.

'Thank odd... This is over. It's really over,' he thought. He murmurred something aloud, which not even Kipricat could remember, due to the mind-dulling effects of the medical kit. Rubbing his forehead for a bit, he glanced at the rest of the team. Chag and the other intern were there. So was Furlong. And so was the rest of the team. Except for... Someone they had left behind... But who, Kip could not recall. The team simply felt a lot smaller. Bonded by trauma, the survivors would always be. 'If I'm ever with these guys again, I'll get to know them,' he promised himself. Talking aloud now, he said "We made it... We did it... We're alive... And we're going to get out of here..."

The realization had at first occurred as natural. But after he said it aloud, he realised how unlikely it really was that they were still alive and on their way out of here. There had been some close calls. It could easily have been more than close. They could easily have died... But they hadn't... Kipricat kept pondering as he walked.

[M] Kipricat moves to H.
[E] Kipricat uses a medical kit on himself.

:
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!

Last edited by Oddey; 01-03-2011 at 10:39 AM..