View Single Post
08-01-2013, 05:12 AM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

: May 2003
: Netherlands
: 9,976
Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)

How's this coming then?

My two cents on the Xenforo thing; I've had the opportunity to play around with Xenforo a bit and while there are some areas that are significantly better thought out than vBulletin, it doesn't hold a candle to vBulletin 3.8 or 4.2. Some of the most basic functionality is missing from Xenforo, either being added by third party addons or planned 'somewhere down the line'. It will take a couple of versions before Xenforo is on the same level as vBulletin and changing to it right now would be a step backwards.

Don't fix what isn't broken. vBulletin isn't the easiest to work with when it comes to templates and such but it is the easiest in any other department (user management, forum management) except the CMS. Holy shit the CMS... whoever designed that should be shot, I kid you not.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.