View Single Post
11-14-2006, 07:50 PM
Nemo
Clakker Store Clerk

: Oct 2006
: ǐͣ͋͗̄
: 793
Nemo  (404)Nemo  (404)Nemo  (404)Nemo  (404)Nemo  (404)

I've recently watched the origional Dawn of the Dead, and Donnie Darko, so I'll talk about both.

The origional DotD:
Overall rating = sechse/5. It's realistic, it's origional, and it's all totally possible. IMO, it's *happy* outlook on the whole zombie scenario while they're in the mall is pretty refreshing. It's one of those good horror movies that doesn't have too much gore, which is hard to come by (again, IMO.)

Donnie Darko:
Overall = 4/5. To be honest, I like it. It's a type of movie that I call a "Chaos movie." See, with me atleast, it's got an ending that flips everything in your mind, and that makes you think in order to figure it all out. Don't ask where I came up with Chaos, it's just what I call it. It's pretty cool and deep. I don't want to spoil everything though, so it'll be kind of hard to explain most of the stuff. See, it goes a lot into a normal day for a *crazy* person. Maybe crazy isn't the best word, but for those of you who've seen it, You get my meaning. It also features Time-Travel Suicide, which I like.
One thing I don't like about it though, it's got a little too much *Adult* language. I'm alright for occasional cussing or when the situation calls for it, but DD had a couple too many that looked like they were just thrown in.
I do like the insults in the dinner scene, though. "You're such a f****-a**." "Why don't you go suck a f***?"