View Single Post
04-28-2004, 02:44 AM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

: May 2003
: Netherlands
: 9,976
Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)

Hmm... tips tips... I cant realy give you guys tips on pencil drawing as I only use pencil form my basic sketch work. I never shade with my pencil and I never put much detail in with my pencil. I only make the outlines. Then I scan it and start to work on it in photoshop.

Tips for Photoshop.

Ok, so here we go. The first tip I can give here is to get to know the program with its tools. And get some good tutorials for digital inking in photoshop. A good resource for photoshop tutorials is Good Tutorials.com.

Time
When working in photoshop one of the most important things for getting good results is time. Sometime's when you look at pictures with all that detail, you think: Wow! How does he do that! What techniqe does he use?!
Knock knock, most of the time they just use the airbrush or the paintbrush. Its just the fact that they put a freakin lot of time into it. Ever seen realistic fur? There is no special effect to make something like that, to make realistic hair, you draw every hair indivitiual and yes, that takes a lot of time. But thats worth it if you look at the result.

Shade & Highlight
As said before, shading and highlighting make the biggest diffrence in digital art. They creat depth. The best way to aplly those things is using the airbrush with a big brush and a low pressure.

Drawing Tablet
If you have one of those things, it will mean the biggest diffrence of it all. You can edit the picture on the computer just as you would do on a normal paper!

---

Ive been using Photoshop for about 2 and a half month now and Ive tried a few diffrent techniqes. Each one improving the quality of the picture. Now Im experimenting with shading and highlighting. Im using pure shade and pure highlight to create depth into the pic, I do'nt make the trditional outline's anymore.
Its pretty hard and time consuming to do, but its worth it. The picture im currently working on is great all together and im not even done yet. Il let you guys know where to find it when its done.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.