View Single Post
01-16-2017, 11:24 AM
Varrok
Wolvark Grenadier

: Jun 2009
: Beartopia
: 7,301
Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)Varrok  (7896)

:
I think the core of getting the forum active is to have regular discussions and content happening on the forums – so Clubs, Game Nights, Member Appreciation stuff is all great and contributes to that; but the key is going to be keeping it sustained. We’ve had attempts to revive the forums before, and even a couple of attempts to set up gaming sessions etc, but they’ve all stalled at various stages. How do we keep that sustained?
OWF isn't really dead. That was a joke bandwagon. It's like that lie getting repeated a thousand times.

:
Then there’s the diaspora of other Oddworld fans and the places they are – how do we encourage people to come here and post, instead of going to other places? TOL, the wiki, fan art sites, Reddit, social media – what do we do to engage with them and bring people from there to here? What do we offer that they don’t?
You can't post on most of these places. Facebook and reddit are our only true competitors.

:
And no offense to anyone, but if the goal is to get the forums active then any ideas need to focus around content on the forums or using the forums to facilitate activities – setting up separate chats is more a distraction than a help to that end. You could use a chat app to coordinate gaming sessions or whatever, but otherwise they won’t drive people back to the forums on their own.
I disagree. Our discord made a few lurkers step out of the shadows and actually communicate with others. Plus it keeps the forums clean from the shit posts (it's not like we're talking about anything worth posting on OWF there anyway)

:
guess who found their old files motherfucker
You're gonna become the second coming of Nepsotic before you know it.
Nepsotic's gonna have a second coming when he sees this avatar

:
lol my face when i read my posts from 2009 *obnoxiously large emojis*
What do you mean? They're exactly the same as your current posts.

In the end, I think kjjcarpenter's right: we have to try!