View Single Post
04-28-2021, 07:14 AM
Holy Sock
Outlaw Shooter

: Jun 2010
: Northern Ireland
: 1,317
Holy Sock  (859)Holy Sock  (859)Holy Sock  (859)Holy Sock  (859)Holy Sock  (859)Holy Sock  (859)Holy Sock  (859)

:
I didn't get this. There's no explanation as to why industrial mudokons can suddenly chant to increase the power/range of Abe's ability. Despite the last two decades of lore about how industrial/slave mudokons are disconnected from their spiritual roots, now they can chant as well. This really upends the narrative established by AO/NnT. If they all have the power of possession now, why don't they use it? Big plot hole.
I don't think they can all possess. Just Chant. Like the way you see Muds in Monsaic chanting as a form of meditation or whatever. I guess all Muds have that inherent ability to Chant but it doesn't make them powerful. It just seems they can give their Chi to Abe to bolster Abe's powers specifically. And obviously the Monsaic Muds made that lightening bolt and Big Face has some powers. They've obviously mastered that ability somewhat.

I assume all enslaved Muds have to ability to channel their chi. But only Abe can actually do anything great with it. I don't think there's anything in the game that says the Muds to anything other than bolster Abes powers.