thread: The End of OWF
View Single Post
07-11-2021, 12:46 PM
Oddey
Outlaw Bomber

: Oct 2007
: Denmark
: 2,190
Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)

I have names.

Stranger's Maid
Skillyaslig
Moosh da Outlaw
Carnix
AlienMagi
OddYouko

It's tempting to flippantly reject any and all nostalgia and love for this forum and its members. But it would be a lie.

There is an undeniable weight that builds in my heart when I come to Oddworld Forums, even now. Like having come through a hurricane of souls, recalling the names of a few people whose fingers I have grazed with my own, then seeing them vanish and disappear in a whirl of events where their disappearance falls unmarked, just another impossible event to see in the roaring tempest until long after it abates.

I don't know if I'll come back here again. Seeing this old forum theme again makes me feel more sentimental than I want to admit, recalling years worth of memory. I'm not sure I want to bring the baggage of so many years onto me all at once like that again. I'm happy today and live a good life. It's not that I have no wish to be here anymore, but that I have no need for it and the torture of recollection is stronger than what good I think I can draw from here.

I'm reachable on the Oddworld Forums Discord.

:
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!

Last edited by Oddey; 07-11-2021 at 12:50 PM..