View Single Post
04-28-2021, 04:09 AM
STM
Anarcho-Apiarist

: Jun 2008
: Your mother
: 9,859
STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)

:
I got the impression Chant suppressors are an old technology because all Muds have the ability to Chant if they tap into it (as we see with Muds chanting in Monsaic and regular Muds in Soulstorm when Abe chants).

But it seems to me that Abe is the only one that has the ability to possess at the moment. Since he is special. So I get the impression that Possession is one of those things that, if ALL Muds have the ability, it's something that's kinda long forgotten or hasn't been experienced for quite some time.

I didn't get this. There's no explanation as to why industrial mudokons can suddenly chant to increase the power/range of Abe's ability. Despite the last two decades of lore about how industrial/slave mudokons are disconnected from their spiritual roots, now they can chant as well. This really upends the narrative established by AO/NnT. If they all have the power of possession now, why don't they use it? Big plot hole.