thread: The Future
View Single Post
07-04-2020, 11:25 AM
Oddey
Outlaw Bomber

: Oct 2007
: Denmark
: 2,190
Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)

You know, this might be the last place I still use my second oldest password ever. Somehow I feel that's significant enough to be worth mentioning. I've been here since 2007, probably around October, if memory serves. I remember I used to use an old Microsoft ME computer at the time (probably a collector's item for Rory now). It would be fitting to include something more about the passing of time, but instead, I'll fill in with an update about my life, though I suspect most Discord savvy members know this story fairly well and those exclusively here may only express the passing interest in that matter.

When I joined, I was still in my early days of schooling, not even in high school yet. I've since been to Australian and Danish high-school, nearly finished a university degree in physics (master's level) and plan to become a high-school teacher, since while I enjoy the academic side of things, I've found university so underwhelming and frustrating that I would rather deal with high-school. Picked up hobbies, here and there, including game dev, music composition (not that I'm good at it), wine brewing, tutoring kids, rollerblading, cooking and a some lot more. I gave up my fantasies of being a writer which, even when I was 13, I wasn't entirely sure I believed in so much as liked the thought of in a romantic sort of way.

I grew out of my anti-social habits and graduated from being a loner because I couldn't talk to people to being a loner because I didn't want to talk to people to being a sociable person to going back to being a loner because I don't want to talk to people. Which was nice, if also a bit of a long walk for nothing.

I wonder what I might say to a younger me.

Lay off the smilies in your forum posts, perhaps.

:
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!