View Single Post
06-18-2019, 05:51 AM
Littleleeroy
Boombat

: Aug 2008
: Australia
: 227
Littleleeroy  (334)Littleleeroy  (334)Littleleeroy  (334)Littleleeroy  (334)

:
Often. I come out of the woodwork to criticise things that used to be good but aren't any more. If this was upsetting to you, you should see some of the things I've written about game of thrones
Because that makes such a difference...

---

Admiral Zaarin I completely agree with your reasoning (plus the addition of double jump!). You're completely right in why AO was loved and I would love a sequel true to the flavour of the original too.

:
Given the task of developing a new Oddworld game, an understanding of game programming and infinite time, the users of Oddworld Forums will recreate Abe's Oddysee to the minutest of details, forever.
However, you are not going to get it. Ever. AE was the closest you'll ever get to your perfect sequel.

Despite how much I hate reading what he writes, Nep is kind of right:

:
AO was a fluke. OWI had the right people at the right time, everything came together really well and it pretty much shat out a golden egg. Then, maybe a few white eggs, but now it's just giving us rotten eggs with yellow paint on them silver eggs, and telling us that they're gold.
There are going to be so many things you dislike in SS, that you "want to help improve" before release, but it won't change much at all. Most of what we have seen is past the point of no return.
There are so many examples of spectacular original entertainment (Shrek, Toy Story, Assassins Creed and Command and Conquer to name a few) where they may get a great sequel or two but cannot maintain that success.

Let's just be patient, maybe lower our expectations so that we can love the game we get even more, stress less and try to enjoy life.

Last edited by Littleleeroy; 06-18-2019 at 05:56 AM..