View Single Post
03-18-2019, 11:36 PM
Fuzzle Guy
Outlaw Flamer

: Apr 2003
: Greater London, UK
: 2,634
Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)

Alf is an alcoholic - he should have refused to sacrifice the Beer to speed them up. He should have point blank refused until the Slig's are practically shooting through the window when Kobe grabs it off him and starts throwing it in the coal pile; and Alf attacks him. Because this is what the Cartel's products do to people - they turn them on each-other in the worst of ways. These products don't just ruin lives but they prevent people from doing what's best for them and lose their friends in the process. Make a real comment on companies that profit from these life-destroying products.

Fleshing out the characters like that, and making the story depend on real character-decisions is how you make the world feel darker and more intense for the player; not by redesigning the characters to make their eyes more puppy-dog and giving them all a more unique face.

The animation feels a little too clinical though; Kobe's just been shot at, he should be ducking for cover a lot quicker than that. Graphically it all looks beautiful though (a little too bright for Oddworld IMO but I feel like they've swapped AO & AE's moody shadows for mysterious haze in the new era, so I'll accept that's just my personal preference) and Michael Bross's music is on point ...

Last edited by Fuzzle Guy; 03-19-2019 at 12:10 AM..