02-26-2017, 09:36 AM
Fischkopf
Fuzzle

: Nov 2009
: Germany
: 149
Fischkopf  (87)

:
I reread through the thread and my last post comes across as if I never even read the thread initially...

I gave up on editing the SEQ data within the PSF files and moved onto recreating the tracks in FL Studio like you did.
How did you find linking up the samples with the midi tracks? Getting the midi files is easy, your tip on VGMtrans gets the samples into wav format but finding the correct sample and linking it with the tracks in the midi file would take a lot of work.

Did you ever manage to finish one?
In FL-Studio I would just use sampler channels. You kind of have to play around until you find the correct pitch for every sample. Do that for every sample and save your project as an Oddworld template. Kind of tedious, but that's how I would do it. Once you have your template set up, importing the MIDI tracks is just copy and paste. You just need to accordlingly match the MIDI tracks with the correct instruments.

And for samples that loop continously you can set loop points using the built-in audio editor before importing them.

Last edited by Fischkopf; 02-26-2017 at 09:38 AM..