View Single Post
01-15-2017, 04:19 AM
kjjcarpenter
Boombat Seeker

: Apr 2005
: Sydney, Australia
: 642
kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)

:
Hey, I think you should elaborate about the Clubs and Member Appreciation concepts, because from what you said I have no idea how they work. Espcially Clubs. Member Appreciation sounds like forum awards, but since Nepsotic ruined them with his magic horses, they've never been the same since

Google Hangouts? Sounds a bit like our OWF Discord.
Absolutely!

This is the mere result of a brief brainstorming session, but I'd imagine something to the effect of Club members voting or agreeing on the Movie/TV Show of the week. Each member then goes out and watches the selected item, and comes back to the forum to discuss it with fellow members over the next week. There's nothing too complicated with this concept, but it adds a little bit of continuity to the flow of conversations that can be held in the Off-Topic board. The Movie of the week could even be selected by some kind of RNG system for extra fun and surprise.

As for Member Appreciation, I'd opt to elect some kind of questionnaire that the selected member could fill out, such as real name, age, occupation, future aspirations, favourite Oddworld moment, etc. I'm not sure how Member Awards used to work—and I know even less about a magic horse incident—but in a perfect world, the nominated member would be randomly selected from the list of active forum members.

I don't know how active the Discord is, but I think it would be in the forums best interest to maintain a sense of unity. As such, Google Hangouts would only be used for the purpose of hosting any Pen & Paper games we might play, with the intention that everyone returns to the forums rather than veer away. Of course, if Discord offers the same features, we could use that as an alternative platform, especially if there's already an OWF presence there, or Skype, or whatever everyone agrees upon.