View Single Post
06-13-2016, 04:58 PM
Phylum
No Artificial Colours

: Sep 2008
: Rock bottom
: 4,911
Phylum  (5748)Phylum  (5748)Phylum  (5748)Phylum  (5748)Phylum  (5748)Phylum  (5748)Phylum  (5748)Phylum  (5748)Phylum  (5748)Phylum  (5748)Phylum  (5748)

I agree this season, and especially this episode, has had a lot of random crap in it. So all of the Tyrion stuff, him batering with the Slave Masters and having his big plan was all for nothing. His speech about them underestimating him because he was a dwarf had no payoff. We knew this was coming though - Meereen was only ever going to shit and the dragons haven't even come into it yet.

The faceless man stuff this episode was the least faceless man it could have been. Faceless men kill kind of subtly, and avoid making it look like an outright murder. You don't kill more than your target. The waif broke those rules pretty hard. And then Arya somehow got the waif's face to the temple of black and white, which I'm pretty sure is on a fucking island, but still managed to leave that ridiculous trail of blood. Was that Arya's blood? How long has she been bleeding for? Can someone remind me if she was stabbed in the gut or if she just had a stomach ache?

:
led the waif into a trap, then confronted Jacquen gambling that he wouldn’t kill her after all.
That trap was ridiculous. Pretty fucking lucky that all worked out hey.

I mean there are lots of things I can excuse because it's a fantasy show. But Arya shrugging off her wounds was pretty bad.

Not much happened in the episode. I keep thinking "this week it's all going to happen." But then it doesn't. Meereen getting attacked is good... but we still need the Ironborn and Theon to get there. I agree they could have cut the Riverrun stuff too. Just... don't have then join Sansa? She's already written to the lords of the Vale. If they come and help is there any need for the riverlands men too?