View Single Post
03-01-2016, 02:07 PM
MeechMunchie
Sgt. Sideburns

: Mar 2009
: :noiƚɒɔo⅃
: 9,743
MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)

I wrapped up Minecraft a while back, but I remembered I was gonna post screenshots, so here we go. Click for embiggened versions or click here to expand this post.

Here's where I live, inside an island off the coast of a petrified forest. At first I tried to cover bulky machinery with dirt, but eventually let them break forth. The grounds are covered in golden Force trees and silver Ghostwood, the former enchanted and the latter retrieved from Hell.

Exterior features include a rocket launch pad, a large steam turbine, a jetty I'm disproportionately fond of and a small grove of saplings that are automatically harvested for wood.

This monstrosity is The Bee Machine. It does things with bees. Don't watch it too long.

One of the first things I built, this automatic cactus farm presses cacti for their oil.

The second thing I built, this used to be a vanilla-friendly automatic farm that used running water to sweep crops into hoppers. I later realised that better options were available and converted it into a high-speed GM crop farm, yielding rather more valuable produce.

I toyed with the idea of a mushroom farm, but decided it wasn't worth the effort.

Let's go home.

That's a teleporter on the floor.

I bored a shaft through the roof when my jetpack and long-fall boots rendered the door obsolete, and far less entertaining.

On the left is my probably-blasphemous-in-some-way Matter/Energy Conversion and Storage Computer (with Wi-Fi hub). It has many hard drives. On the right are a few of the various tools I have constructed and collected in my adventures.

To save energy, the most plentiful resources are kept in barrels rather than electronic limbo, along with drums of various fluids.

From the left:

Vacuum, blood, resonant ender, steam, honey, more honey, liquid force, cactus oil, lava & water.

Copper, firestring, bread, iron, crated netherrack, heat sand, osmium, quartz, clay, bonemeal, potatoes, raw rubber, I'm not sure I think phosphorus & cotton.

Leather, nickel, cobblestone (currently being funnelled into a compressor), emery, crated stone, stone slabs, maybe this is phosphorus so what was the other thing, feathers, lapis lazuli, sand, limestone I think, redstone, sulphur, wicker & slimedirt.

My geological scanners can easily find ores in the near vicinty, provided they have a sample to calibrate them, so I made a point of sampling every natural block I found on Earth, Hell and the Moon. I also cheated in blocks of water and lava so I could blacklist them which should really be on by default anyway~

Speaking of the Moon...

Oh yeah, there's nothing here. I forgot about that.

Back on Earth, all those felled trees are being fired into charcoal blocks to generate power. The excess saplings are bundled into wicker bales for anything else that might require fuel.

The beating heart of my home, the boiler room.

Here's where all those charcoal blocks end up. They are piped into the furnaces, where they heat seawater pumped in from outside to produce huge quantities of steam, which in turn drives the massive turbine, which in its own turn (literally kekeke) generates enough electricity to fill up my capacitor banks and power my entire base. I now have a healthy excess of fuel; in the early days I was subject to rolling blackouts as my furnaces ran low. I had to resort to *shudder* solar power.

Here you can see the capacitor bank where I charge my jetpack, and the warning siren that will sound if my water tank should ever run dry. Soon after, my boilers would also be empty, and risk fires or even catastrophic explosions.

Deep underground, a hermetically sealed, self-sufficient nuclear generator supports the grid, providing a buffer and failsafe.

The forge, the spiritual center of my home. Ores and materials from across the multiverse are fed to this beast, which bleeds pure, rich metals into the casts and vats below. Sometimes I like to just watch it work. I feel rich.

Currently, the smeltery is full of blood, useful for arcane rituals and the like, and harvested by a particularly unethical setup that involves a heavily overcrowded battery farm, a vacuum hopper, an ender barrel and a dispenser rigged to constantly fire chicken eggs into the wall.

You get used to the constant anguished cheeping after a while.

The forge also allows me to to produce exotic weapons and tools in the adjacent workshop, a couple of examples of which can be seen hyar. Not pictured: Seamus O'Hammers and Reginald Twang.

The spoils of The Bee Machine are manifold. Honey is extracted from combs, along with wax and other useful byproducts. Excess bees, meanwhile, are deconstituted and their genetics analysed to better plot their continued advancement. The slurry is also surprisingly good on toast. Other, rarer bees are kept in storage, awaiting their time to rise. B̵̧̀̀͟u͜͝҉z̸͝z̷̨ ̶̀b҉͝͏̴̨u̷̵̢z̕͟z̨͝

That concludes all the major sytems, so we'll quickly run through the other fixtures.

The pulverisers and redstone furnaces rapidly convert any exotic ores that cannot be safely smelted (such as uranium) into usable forms. They also produce baked potatoes at an astonishing rate. The grille and shower, meanwhile, allow me to store and retrieve XP as required, while a hidden farm harvests essence berries, basically making my XP pool infinite.

The setup on the left uses pools of hot lava to melt stone into more lava. This provides a liquid heat source for the smeltery, and makes Sadi Carnot cry. In the middle is the assembly table, which cuts out fine electronic components using frickin' lasers, and probably should have been turned on before I took the screenshot. On the right is the incinerator, which I prefer to the trash because it makes a satisfying hiss when you throw stuff in.

Here are other miscellaneous machines that I don't use often enough to extensively automate input and output.

From the left: Alloy smelter, metallurgic infuser, SAG mill, magma crucible. Osmium compressor, crusher, induction smelter, fluid transposer.

There's a homing beacon at the centre of my home, that allows me to warp there no matter how far I should stray. There's no place like home, after all.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by MeechMunchie; 03-01-2016 at 02:18 PM..