View Single Post
01-13-2016, 05:49 AM
Alf Shall Rise
Outlaw Shooter

: Feb 2007
: New Jersey
: 1,438
Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)Alf Shall Rise  (1116)

Saw The Revenant yesterday with some friends. Pretty good. I had heard some complaints about its story and how it was too simple, but I didn't find that to be a problem at all, mostly because it didn't really need a complicated plot for it to be a strong movie. I also looked into the actual events that it's based off of and (according to the Wikipedia article, at least) it seemed pretty accurate for the most part, excusing a lot of the dramatizations and other aspects that were included to make a stronger narrative.

Also, the cinematography is pretty damn good. I had heard that most of the shots in the movie used natural lighting and if that's the case, then that's pretty impressive. My friend also seemed to have a problem with Glass surviving at the end of the movie, and thought that the Arikara Chief should have also scalped him despite saving his daughter - mostly because he thought Glass should not have gotten a happy ending for pursuing a quest of revenge, and because he thought that it didn't make sense for Native Americans to feel the need to spare a white man. Can't say I really agree with him, though.