View Single Post
03-05-2014, 03:38 PM
Wings of Fire
Beautiful Bastard

: Dec 2007
: Stafford
: 9,537
Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)Wings of Fire  (13656)

:
Agreed, it was Howl's Moving Castle and FMA: B (don't cringe)
Why? Brotherhood is awesome. I only got to watching it late last year, but I loved it.

:
Subsequently, there's this anime set in the last days of World War II that I was itching to see. Supposedly it's one of the best anime's ever made but I can't for the life of me remember the name of it, would you maybe know of the one I'm talking about, WoF?
You're either talking about Grave of the Fireflies (Which you've mentioned already) or Barefoot Gen. Incidentally Barefoot Gen used to be standard reading material for Japanese students learning about WW2 but was dropped recently for reasons of historical accuracy. Since the current Japanese government is one step away from being Nanking deniers, I have to wonder what their problem was.
“I always believe the movies I've made are smarter than the way they are perceived by sort of mass culture and by the critics,” Snyder said, a statement he immediately followed by saying, “Also, ‘It looks like a video game.’