View Single Post
02-03-2014, 06:41 PM
Phylum
No Artificial Colours

: Sep 2008
: Rock bottom
: 4,911
Phylum  (5748)Phylum  (5748)Phylum  (5748)Phylum  (5748)Phylum  (5748)Phylum  (5748)Phylum  (5748)Phylum  (5748)Phylum  (5748)Phylum  (5748)Phylum  (5748)

I saw the third Madoka Magica film with a friend on Saturday. It was a one-off screening in Adelaide, so there were lots of horrible neckbeards and faggots. I tried not to make eye contact with any of them.

The movie was interesting. It had lots of the things that made the series good, but none of the things that made it great. The pacing was probably the worst thing about it. It spent way too long establishing the confusing setting without beginning to hint that anything weird was going on, let alone explaining it. The middle literally lasted 10 minutes. Most of the movie felt like it was spent on the ending, which consisted of about 6 really long sequences. I was really ready for it to end with Homura dying, but then a whole bunch of weird stuff that didn't totally make sense happened. And then I guess it kind of ended.

I was a bit underwhelmed. I enjoyed it, but it was clearly an afterthought to the series. I've already rewatched the series with my mum, but I doubt I'll ever be coming back to Rebellion.