thread: It's Happening.
View Single Post
09-23-2013, 10:11 AM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

: May 2003
: Netherlands
: 9,976
Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)

:
SteamOS is the first announcement. An OS for games, based off Linux.

I feel justified in saying I wasn’t too far off-base with “Dev tools for third-party Boxes”, even if I didn’t call it exactly. And it has streaming from Mac and PC, so that’s basically “Streaming service that works with Steam Box”.

Further predictions:

• One of the subsequent announcements will be a hardware box made by Valve.

• The other will be a cloud service of some sort. Stream your Steam games over the internet to your Steam device, or something.

I doubt they are introducing a cloud service since Steam already IS a cloud service. At least it has the functionality built into it.

If the second announcement is a hardware platform that's going to be taking on the Xbox One and the PS4 then the third announcement HAS to be game related. Either announcing the launch titles OR the Source 2 engine. I hope it's game titles. I think it's Source 2.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.