thread: New 'n' Tasty
View Single Post
10-02-2012, 07:26 AM
Bullet Magnet
Bayesian Empirimancer

: Apr 2006
: Greatish Britain
: 7,724
Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)

:
There 'should' not be anything. They could redesign the entire game if they wanted to. That it looks so much like the original is a choice they made but certainly not something that 'should' be done.

Also I did notice the LED screens. I also like the holographic ads, though they do seem a bit out of place. Why would they put expensive holo screens in the bowls of a factory where only employees get to see it? I thought that was a pretty solid reason why we only saw posters in the original.
Or expensive anti-gravity lightning orbs?

I'm pretty sure that those "ads" were actually just placeholders for the status screens. Though they seemed to fit in well to me, I don't even think about it or whether they are holograms. They could well just be transparent screens. Holography itself is very easy to do, though you need to mount the screen at 45 degrees to do it.