View Single Post
08-05-2011, 06:18 PM
Sekto Springs
Silent Contributor

: May 2003
: In the smile of every larvae.
: 7,350
Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)

Taking into consideration the distance the camera is from both the Paramites and Scrabs in-game, these are more than acceptable.

What I'm more concerned about is the environments in which you encounter these fiends. Landscape mapping and textures were absolutely horrendous in the original MO. Flat, cartoony grass patterns and low poly rocks/cliff faces. I'd like to chalk it up to the time period and the limitations of the engine, but plenty of games that came out around that time were able to overcome the horrors of limited poly with high-resolution skins and textures.
Sometimes, MO's levels felt like they were rejected from Banjo Kazooie. They could learn a thing or two from games like Tak, in which they printed pieces of the production art directly onto the models, which looked quite unique. Some improved particle sims would be grand as well; some mist rising from the damp forests or industrial smog and soot clouding the factories.