thread: Smoking is cool
View Single Post
07-01-2011, 09:28 AM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

: Dec 2001
: Port Orchard, Washington
: 3,506
Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)

:
Smoking tobacco is pointless.
I disagree. As I've said before, a quality cigar either with or post a nice steak and a good whiskey is one of the finer things in life. Cigarettes and alcohol are also nice. Lazing about in the heat, whether it's just under a tree or in a hammock while sipping an ice cold tea and enjoying a smoke? Lovely.

:
Smoking doesn't make you look cool. It makes you look like a voluntary cancer patient.
I think the 'smoking makes you look cool fad' was over about fifteen years ago. Stop reaching. And since there's some article about how an every day household object has been discovered to be carcinogenic that pops up every couple of months these days, I'd say most of us are voluntary cancer patients whether we like it or not.

My only real complaint with my fellow smokers is when they subject non-smokers to their habit. I get into arguments/scuffles with morons/douchebags who feel the need to smoke five feet away from an entrance/exit to a grocery store/public building DESPITE THE FACT THAT THIS STATE HAS A LAW STATING YOU NEED TO BE AT LEAST 25 FEET AWAY. Kids don't need a face full of second hand smoke, and neither do pregnant women or the elderly. Hell, neither do I. Despite being a casual smoker, I find the smell of second hand smoke to be quite unpleasant.

Buy my T-shirts. People will like you more and I will hate you less.