02-28-2011, 05:14 AM
BlackVenom
Boombat

: Nov 2007
: Australia, Queensland
: 231
BlackVenom  (186)BlackVenom  (186)

:
I don't really think you need a story to go along with this. If you can find a way to make the game play cutscenes, then I'd agree with the need for a storyline, but without any kind of way to show the story progressing, I do not much think it is neccesary, or even a good idea to have it alongside it.

However, if you think you can tell the story properly, or even a little bit, through gameplay, I think you should ask around in FC. A lot of people there would be able to help you.
well, I'm mostly using the story as a guide like I said. I wouldn't want to make up the direction of the game along the way. Making a game or map without something to follow along with would be like walking into a minefield blindfolded. I could come across an issue sooner or later, which might cause me to remake an entire segment just because of a slight problem just because I didn't have something to base my maps on. (trust me, I've done this so many times that I'd rather take too many pre-cautions than not enough of them)

And about the FC, I'll make a post there for a story or plot request and such. I'll pick out the ones that seem good and see if I can blend them together to make a solid plot or story for the game to be based upon.