View Single Post
12-27-2010, 05:30 AM
Chubfish
Grubb Fisherman

: Apr 2007
: England
: 907
Chubfish  (538)Chubfish  (538)Chubfish  (538)Chubfish  (538)Chubfish  (538)Chubfish  (538)

:
I have a question regarding your variation Chubfish: How did you get the Slog and Scrab to work? Because from my experience, if you add objects at all in r1.lvl, it crashes as soon as you reach the screen that you added objects to. I can't see how you would've copy/pasted them either.
Read this carefully...

How the objects work:

I opened up two separate Paul's Level Editors, and added a Slog as a new object in one editor and copied the properties from e1.lvl Path 2 (?)'s Slog.

I then tweaked it so it behaved differently and reversed the direction of it.

For the Scrab, I did the same, except I copied properties from one of the Scrabs in the background screen of one of the Hubs in the Scrabanian Temple (d2.lvl) and gave it a higher delay before attacking using the properties, so you don't die as soon as you exit the door.

How the objects appear:

To make them appear, I extracted all the files from e1.lvl and r1.lvl using Paul's LVL Extractor. I put the two together, not replacing anything, and then rebuilt the .lvl file using Paul's LVL Builder. This helps because the .lvl file now contains all the files needed to make a scrab/slog appear and because I used the correct values for all their properties, nothing should really crash.

Last edited by Chubfish; 12-27-2010 at 05:32 AM..