thread: Music MK3
View Single Post
05-18-2008, 09:55 PM
Leto
Not Leto

: Dec 2002
: up
: 4,866
Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)

Google Crystal Castles, they're theiving little shits. do a google about them sampling other chiptunes. What I do reccomend is Bit Shifter, Sabrepulse, Animal Style, DJ Scotch Egg (heavier glitchy stuff), Seal Of Approval (has vocals), The Depreciation Guild (also has vocals), Kplecraft. there's so many, I'm just scratching the surface.

yeah, and Minus the Bear, they're like indieful boring postrock. depending what you like about them (the small amount that you did), there are several other places to go with that one

:
I want originality. There's a few artists who can accomplish that; Kromestar, Skream, Jme, Geoim, Blackdown, Burial, Kode 9, Darqwan, just to name a few.
As a lot of people have said before, Burial, although pretty fucking decent, is not really dubstep at all, but like garage 90s grime etcetc, it's just been embraced by the dubstep scene. I don't really see the originality of the genre. People are raving about it being something completely new, never anything like it before, but it just doesn't sound earthshatteringly new to me. Got a Kode9 and the Spaceman (or space ape, can't remember), and it was shocking. Never was too keen on Skream. With Dubstep it's extremely hit and miss for me. I don't like a lot of it, and er go, it must be mixed with other things to keep my attention. Myrkur is doing some amazing things, check him out and pimp him to all dubsteppers you know. [And blackfilm, in fact I edited it just to include this band: http://www.myspace.com/blackfilmmusic
Very atmospheric ambient kind of dubstep.]

Get further into Ambient. there's so much more wonderful music in the genre and you haven't even scratched the surface yet

:
I'ver been wanting to get into Smashing Pumpkins.
to me The Smashing Pumpkins is a big popular doppleganger of every other band the member's liked. though everyone reccomends Siamese Dream I think it's called. What I'd reccomend to counter it is Loveless by My Bloody Valentine, give that a whirl.

Also from the bulk of your post, some modernist/contemporary I dont know what the fucksits I would reccomend to you: Eric Satie, the album Druqks by Aphex Twin (when it isn't superelectronica, it's beautiful prepared piano pieces; and Max Richter.

Last edited by Leto; 05-19-2008 at 01:51 AM..