View Single Post
04-20-2008, 04:23 PM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

: Jan 2006
: At a thearpy session.
: 1,465
Slaveless  (36)

Okay, I need some help making realistic artwork. At the moment I am trying to make multiple portraits of people using small references. These portraits will only include mainly the head, shoulders, and chests. These will be done in black and white on white, sketch paper. Right now I am only using pencil, but I might use other materials. I am doing pretty well so far, but I have some troubles. I will list them, so none of them are lost.

1) Teeth. I can't draw them. How exactly do you draw accurate teeth that don't look like a bunch lines? Also, how do you fit the gums into this? All of my attempts so far make the people look really, really dorky.

2) How exactly would you guys suggest to shade hair? To me, that is a huge issue, as hair seems like the kind of thing that is shaded, not drawn. Would you suggest thin led on pencils, or pens? Also, with some hair, it gets really dark, like really black. This isn't black hair where there is a shine to it, but dark, dark brown hair. How would I shade that? A really really dark shade?

3) Suggestions?