View Single Post
08-04-2007, 06:36 PM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

: Jan 2006
: At a thearpy session.
: 1,465
Slaveless  (36)

OOC: Sorry for my absense. Lack of inspiration was involved.

I giggled a little bit when I read your post about Venks, PV. You must not know him very well after all this time.

IC:

Cora saw the expression the Big Bro (Stan) had on his face when he ate the food, and felt glad. Out of all the years that she worked at SoulStorm Brewery, she had rarely ever saw a Slig so nice to Mudokons. He seemed to have tried to put Sligs and Mudokon under the same kind of treatment (although, she must admit, this one hadn't really understood what Mudokons went through) and complimented on their work. He offered to help in all kinds of ways, when most Sligs would rather take a smoke or a nap. The Big Bro Slig even hinted to like the Mudokons, as he was trying to be friendly to them. Cora had never seen quite a character before. Well, she did, once.

That Slig was different from the rest. He was given the same work area as Cora, long before Kole was in her life. He wouldn't attack Mudokons, and rarely used Sliggish swears in front of her. This Slig (named Urag) would offer help to the Mudokons, always stayed on guard and complimented their work privately to the Mudokons. One day, he defended a Mudokon while he was being beaten, and the Slig abuser had reported him in for traitorous behavior. He was never seen again by the Mudokons in her area. (There was other Sligs would encouraged Cora's work, but she was to sadly be informed that it was all part of a bet on seeing how much longer would she stand on the job. Those were horrible times for her, since Sligs had ways on trying to influence advantages in bets.) It only made her feel bad for the Big Bro when that Slig authority learned of his kindness.

She noticed that the Big Bro also said something about that Kole could say anything to him if it bothered him. At least it was now legal for Kole to say his anger against the 'ignorance' of the Big Bro's. Cora was still not excited about this, since she was not crazy about Kole yelling at a Slig who was at least trying to get along with the Mudokon employees. She went over to Kole before he choose to attack the Big Bro (metaphorically), and whisper so quietly to Kole that only he could hear her, "Hon, before you go on attacking this innocent," Kole twitched at the thought a Slig could be innocent, "Remember this. This Big Bro is only trying to come to terms with you. And he has a point. Lifting barrels is still not something you should be doing. I know I have told you over and over again, but I've seen what happens to stressed out people. They get into situations they don't want to be in. It's not a great life. We just need to deal with it. All right? You could explain you've been doing this for a long time, but you should ask him to lift stuff when it gets a bit much. OK?"

Kole, furious at the Big Bro, flushed out some of his anger through his batting eyes. He responded hoarsely, "I understand Cora, but this Slig is..."

He was interrupted by Vernel when he announced that everyone should go and eat breakfast. Kole, of course was frustrated by being referred to as an useless piece of property, but was undisturbed by it. He was called these named many times. Yet he was surprised by something. The boss offered the food to them. At first, he thought that the Mudokons would be given other food, or possibly the boss would easily disapprove of making food for themselves when the announcement was made. But he was glad that instead of soupy, cold, and messy beans he was getting a recipe normally eaten by Glukkons.

Cora grinned to him about this, and said, "Did you hear that? Finally good food that we can eat regularally!"

Kole had to let go of his bitterness for a moment (even he had a small smile) and said, "Yeah. At least we can make sure our dinners aren't from the floors this time,"

Cora grinned from ear to ear in this non-suppression ideal. This was probably going to be an enjoyable place from now on.

Kole was going to smile a little more, but than he saw that new Sligs came in and demanded food and called distastefully called him names. He kept a little bitterness inside of himself at the Slig, but still tried to look for food for them. He blinked (remember, it's his way of clearing his mind) in his disappointing food supply. There was three plates of food left and only three other Sligs that wanted food. Kole knew he saw others, and he didn't want to upset the Sligs when they learned food wasn't on the way. So he hoped that the Slig (Jak) making the eggs would be finished soon, and grabbed a plate of food.

He first left the kitchen with a fork and plate of food through the door and went to the first Slig (James). He handed him his food and said in reply, "Enjoy, sir," He grabbed the other plates and two forks and went to other two Sligs (Banner and Vernel) and offered the plates to them. He said, with a hint of frustration, "All prepared for ya,"

Cora, meanwhile, went to handle glasses. People needed to drink somehow, so she placed 15 glasses nearby the Espresso barrel. She watched carefully at what was happening with Kole, to see if he was all right.

Last edited by Slaveless; 08-04-2007 at 07:27 PM..