Oddworld Forums

Oddworld Forums (http://www.oddworldforums.net/index.php)
-   Fan Corner (http://www.oddworldforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Grim's Oddworld Art Dump (http://www.oddworldforums.net/showthread.php?t=22191)

grimGadabout 03-25-2016 01:32 PM

Grim's Oddworld Art Dump

I dunno if I'm gonna have a lot here. I'll start with a sketch I'm working on right now of a chibi-ish bust of Abe.

http://s21.postimg.org/bk02y1v47/Pho...at_4_28_PM.jpg

Again, its not finished, but it's looking pretty good so far, so I thought I'd share it and see what you guys think.

(Also, my Mac doesn't have the best camera.)

Vlam 03-25-2016 01:33 PM

Is this an ARG?

grimGadabout 03-25-2016 01:35 PM

:

()
Is this an ARG?

Ok, please don't. This is supposed to be a thread for my Oddworld art and comments about my Oddworld art. It has NOTHING to do with the ARG.

Vlam 03-25-2016 01:38 PM

It's a masterpiece!

FennecFyre 03-25-2016 01:40 PM

It's really cute!

E: [All-seeing potoo ninjaburd intensifies]

Varrok 03-25-2016 01:40 PM

It looks cute

E: Fennec's a ninja

grimGadabout 03-25-2016 01:42 PM

:

()
It's really cute!

Thanks! Chibi style is the style I mostly do. I might make another thread in the non-Oddworld works with a bunch of the drawings I've put on Tumblr. I love showing my art and getting tips on how to make it better.

Vlam 03-25-2016 01:48 PM

Seriously, it's really impressive. How long did it take you to draw it?

grimGadabout 03-25-2016 04:38 PM

:

()
Seriously, it's really impressive. How long did it take you to draw it?

It took me about 10/15 minutes to draw, but that's only 'cause it was a quick outline-type sketch.

grimGadabout 03-26-2016 05:01 PM

I inked it. .w.

https://41.media.tumblr.com/5e240a07...b8to1_1280.jpg

JayDee 03-26-2016 06:22 PM

The way that Abe looks is quite similar to the style of pixel art I use in my fan games so maybe I'm bias, but I really like it! You should try drawing more creatures or more muds!
(*cough* Kip *cough*)

Vlam 03-27-2016 07:37 AM

The level of detail is incredible.

grimGadabout 03-27-2016 08:06 AM

:

()

Please stop trolling. I'm here to make friends and your sarcasm CLEARLY isn't helping. Unless you ACTUALLY HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT MY ART, please don't post anything.

FennecFyre 03-27-2016 08:14 AM

Yeeeeahhhhh, normally I don't mind Vlam being, well, Vlam, but that really was kinda dickish.

grimGadabout 03-27-2016 08:22 AM

:

()
Yeeeeahhhhh, normally I don't mind Vlam being, well, Vlam, but that really was kinda dickish.

I'm seriously here to make friends who have same interests that I do and stuff like that. I love showing off my art, but him being like this is making me think twice.

FennecFyre 03-27-2016 08:34 AM

Try not to take it personally, s'just what he does. OWF isn't really known for being a friendly place, but you just gotta roll with it sometimes.

For what it's worth, I definitely think you have potential.

grimGadabout 03-27-2016 08:45 AM

:

()
Try not to take it personally, s'just what he does. OWF isn't really known for being a friendly place, but you just gotta roll with it sometimes.

For what it's worth, I definitely think you have potential.

Thanks. I'm know I'm not the best artist, but I'm pretty proud of my cartoon style. I even made a thread showing off my other art in the Non-Oddworld fan corner part.

Crashpunk 03-27-2016 11:53 AM

Don't take any notice of Vlam.

I like the style. Keep it up. :)

Nepsotic 03-28-2016 10:24 AM

It looks good but you really need to stop chickenscratching.

FennecFyre 03-28-2016 11:02 AM

"Stop chickenscratching" = new forum meme, apparently.

MA 03-28-2016 11:06 AM

:

()

:

()
It looks good but you really need to stop chickenscratching.

shut up, both of you. save the sarcasm for Off-Topic. trolling in an art thread isn't funny, it's actually a pretty shady thing to do and there's no sport in it. this is their work. be respectful, or don't say anything at all. i can't believe you don't realize this.

especially you, Nep. i thought you were better than following Vlam's lead. i mean, Vlam of all people. my god.

grimGadabout 03-29-2016 10:21 AM

:

()
shut up, both of you. save the sarcasm for Off-Topic. trolling in an art thread isn't funny, it's actually a pretty shady thing to do and there's no sport in it. this is their work. be respectful, or don't say anything at all. i can't believe you don't realize this.

especially you, Nep. i thought you were better than following Vlam's lead. i mean, Vlam of all people. my god.

Thank you for saying this. It means a lot to me. I know my drawing isn't "detailed" or anything like that but its my art. Its how I draw.

With any artist, people should be respectful and give constructive criticism, not be sarcastic and make fun of the person's work.

Vlam 03-30-2016 10:08 AM

grimGadabout, I'm sorry, it wasn't my intent to hurt you.

Nepsotic 03-30-2016 11:04 AM

:

()
Thank you for saying this. It means a lot to me. I know my drawing isn't "detailed" or anything like that but its my art. Its how I draw.

With any artist, people should be respectful and give constructive criticism, not be sarcastic and make fun of the person's work.

Actually both is fine. Don't tell me you've never laughed at an awful film or awful drawing before. I'm not saying yours is, but it's the same principle.

grimGadabout 03-30-2016 12:35 PM

:

()
Actually both is fine. Don't tell me you've never laughed at an awful film or awful drawing before. I'm not saying yours is, but it's the same principle.

I may have had the occasional chuckle from a bad piece of art (mainly my really old drawings) or a bad film, but I never ever made fun of it in a vocal manner.

:

()
grimGadabout, I'm sorry, it wasn't my intent to hurt you.

Thank you for apologizing. I'm sorry for getting short with you as well. I know you may have been goofing around, but I really just wanted some ideas to help make my art better, you know? This is the first time I've actually drawn Abe, and I'm proud of it, but I know I can do better, I just need to figure out how.

grimGadabout 04-04-2016 05:10 AM

That moment when you're working on a drawing in photoshop and PHOTOSHOP DOESN'T WANT TO WORK WITH YOU. UGH. I'm trying to finish the drawing and photoshop wants to hate me. ;-;

Nepsotic 04-04-2016 05:34 AM

You're probably just bad at Photoshop. Try Sai.

grimGadabout 04-04-2016 07:10 AM

:

()
You're probably just bad at Photoshop. Try Sai.

That's actually not it. I don't have a drawing tablet to draw my stuff the way I wanna draw it. What I have to do is take a picture of my drawing after inking it, and then I have to put it into photoshop and make a seprate layer with the outline. If I had a drawing tablet, I could take out the need to take pictures of drawings in my sketchbooks and it would look smoother.

Vyrien 04-04-2016 08:48 AM

Getting a tablet won't increase your art skills.

Also you have to completely relearn how to draw with a tablet, its not like digital pen and paper.

grimGadabout 04-04-2016 09:20 AM

:

()
Getting a tablet won't increase your art skills.

Also you have to completely relearn how to draw with a tablet, its not like digital pen and paper.

I've used one before with one of my classes and it was easier for me.