Oddworld Forums

Oddworld Forums (http://www.oddworldforums.net/index.php)
-   Oddworld Discussion (http://www.oddworldforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Anyone notice something missing in the soulstorm teaser? (http://www.oddworldforums.net/showthread.php?t=24547)

SlashClaw 10-02-2017 07:47 PM

Anyone notice something missing in the soulstorm teaser?

it might be me just overthinking it but dose anyone else find it really strange that throughout the Soulstorm teaser there is not a single Slig or Intern anywhere in the whole trailer that i can see everything from arrival though to disposal is being done by just Glukkons and Vykkers, the entire thing feels unnerving to me from what i can gather at a Vykkers lab interns would be tasked with things like disposal of dead experiments but instead a Vykker is personally dealing with each corps themselves.

Then there is the lack of any visible Slig security in a o place which i am guessing is massive where are all the guards there where none during the opening segment when the Mudokons arrive or even later one when they are doing the running test the entire time it's just Glukkons and Vykkers.

Honestly i get the vibe that apart from a handful of scientist and the Glukkon investors/overseers no one even knew that SoulStorm was a thing and hell the Mudokons were carrying their own bodybags.

anyone else feel the same way or am i off base here

Vykker Lady 10-02-2017 09:59 PM

Perhaps Soulstorm is a very secretive operation? Maybe this one vykker was specially selected to work on the project and is in charge of all these experiments and disposal of the 'failures'.

Nemin 10-02-2017 10:53 PM

There is a Slig in the teaser. Can't link it right now, but he is in the top left corner in of the hamster-wheel scenes.

SlashClaw 10-03-2017 12:10 AM

:

Perhaps Soulstorm is a very secretive operation? Maybe this one vykker was specially selected to work on the project and is in charge of all these experiments and disposal of the 'failures'.
there are at least two Vykkers working on the project according to the running seen where you can see both looking at monitors

Havoc 10-03-2017 01:14 AM

I wouldn't read into it too much, honestly. The teaser, while amazing, still uses many old assets and was put together pretty 'simple'. The Mudokons are all clones of the new Abe model. The Glukkons and the Vykkers still use the old models from previous games. It's entirely possible they didn't put Sligs and Interns in because they felt the models weren't good enough quality or because they simply didn't have a place in the narrative.

Interns were kind of lame anyway, much like anything else MO produced. Not a big loss.

SlashClaw 10-03-2017 01:26 AM

:

I wouldn't read into it too much, honestly. The teaser, while amazing, still uses many old assets and was put together pretty 'simple'. The Mudokons are all clones of the new Abe model. The Glukkons and the Vykkers still use the old models from previous games. It's entirely possible they didn't put Sligs and Interns in because they felt the models weren't good enough quality or because they simply didn't have a place in the narrative.

Interns were kind of lame anyway, much like anything else MO produced. Not a big loss.
you make a good point i guess i didn't consider that they are not in there because it might have been hard to make a model for them that could be considered high enough quality to make it work

Nemin 10-03-2017 06:10 AM

Guys, but there *is* a Slig in the teaser, look top left corner at 0:32 - 0:34. Yes it's blurred, but tell me what else does walk like that? Even the shape is a Slig's.

Oddio 10-03-2017 06:54 AM

:

()
you make a good point i guess i didn't consider that they are not in there because it might have been hard to make a model for them that could be considered high enough quality to make it work

yeah i agree

TheManFromMudos 10-03-2017 07:09 AM

0:32 - A Slig.

Oddio 10-03-2017 07:14 AM

:

()
0:32 - A Slig.

it could be anything imho

TheManFromMudos 10-03-2017 07:19 AM

:

()
it could be anything imho

Nope, definitely a Slig. Watch the video and see it actually moving. This is 100% a Slig.

And I'll eat my hat if proven otherwise...

Oddio 10-03-2017 07:22 AM

:

()
Nope, definitely a Slig. Watch the video and see it actually moving. This is 100% a Slig.

you can't prove it mate. this is speculation at this point.

Xavier 10-03-2017 07:40 AM

Looks like a Slig to me. Certainly moves like one.

Phoetux 10-03-2017 09:07 AM

I made a gif where the "slig" is to make everyone watch easily:

https://media.giphy.com/media/xUNd9K...pfbO/giphy.gif

Edit: made a close up

https://media.giphy.com/media/l4EoRS...nwFq/giphy.gif

Oddio 10-03-2017 10:43 AM

oh yeah but it could be a parmite tho because sligs and paramites are related after all.

Nemin 10-03-2017 10:48 AM

Where did you get that from?

Also a Paramite has a much different body-shape. This has the shape like a Slig, walks like a Slig and is in a place where a Slig would be.

I think you're just trying to make a pointless argument here mate.

Yokai 10-03-2017 10:57 AM

:

()
oh yeah but it could be a parmite tho because sligs and paramites are related after all.

No, it moves bipedal. It's definitely not a paramite. Given the movement and silhouette, I'm 90% sure it's a slig.

Oddio 10-03-2017 11:00 AM

theyre related mate.

btw this is the new alf http://www.oddworld.com/wp-content/u...lpaper_Alf.jpg thus the paramites could look totally different too.

yokai yeah 90% not 100%

Nemin 10-03-2017 11:01 AM

Please point me to a source which says they are related and then I'll believe you.

Talvy 10-03-2017 11:02 AM

Besides, Paramites wouldn't roam free at laboratories' catwalks, that's where Sligs keep guard - there's no question about it.

CravenKnight 10-03-2017 11:05 AM

:

()

:

()
theyre related mate.

btw this is the new alf http://www.oddworld.com/wp-content/u...lpaper_Alf.jpg thus the paramites could look totally different too.

yokai yeah 90% not 100%

well i'm convinced. it's a paramite. you guys just don't want to believe.

PARA-MIGHT IS TIGHT

Oddio 10-03-2017 11:07 AM

:

()
Besides, Paramites wouldn't roam free at laboratories' catwalks, that's where Sligs keep guard - there's no question about it.

paramites could be used as guinea pigs.

thanks craven :)

Havoc 10-03-2017 11:50 AM

:

()
Please point me to a source which says they are related and then I'll believe you.

I think it was mentioned as a 'rumor' on the wiki at some point that Sligs and Paramites were related in some manner because of their similar 'face digits'. Not a shred of evidence to support that, though.

CravenKnight 10-03-2017 12:17 PM

see? even Havoc says its true.

Xavier 10-03-2017 10:37 PM

Nah, still looks like a Slig to me.

CravenKnight and Oddio please cut the trolling

OWI_Alex 10-03-2017 11:09 PM

it's a Slig.

TheManFromMudos 10-03-2017 11:16 PM

:

()
it's a Slig.

There we go, problem solved. Now let's end this argument, shall we?

Manco 10-04-2017 12:05 AM

:

()
There we go, problem solved. Now let's end this argument, shall we?

But according to death of the author, we have to disregard any confirmation from OWI and only rely on our own analysis!

I think it’s a fleech, I’ll fight anyone who disagrees!

But more importantly, I wonder if fleeches are going to appear in Soulstorm. Those creeps were scary, but we never saw them again after AE.

Alf Shall Rise 10-04-2017 05:02 AM

Also wonder if greeters are gonna make an appearance too. My gut tells me that they won't but I'm kinda hoping they do, since we've also only ever seen them in AE.

Nate 10-08-2017 05:31 PM

:

()
But more importantly, I wonder if fleeches are going to appear in Soulstorm. Those creeps were scary, but we never saw them again after AE.

I shudder to think what they'd look like with the new, more realistic art style.