Oddworld Forums

Oddworld Forums (http://www.oddworldforums.net/index.php)
-   Oddworld RPG (http://www.oddworldforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The Loner (http://www.oddworldforums.net/showthread.php?t=3517)

oddite4456 11-29-2001 02:12 AM

The Loner

Svag sniffed the air. A scrab. It's scent was unmistakeable. Cautiosly, Svag loaded bullets into his machine gun. He wuold have to move slowly so his pants made little noise. He moved into the woods. There it was. An adolescent scrab. Svag shouldered the gun. The scrab looked up breifly, then returned to eating its meal. Svag placed the crosshairs on the creature's head. The scrab was indulging itself. Svag laid his finger on the trigger. The scrab stopped to breathe before going back to its meal. Svag was motionless. The scrab looked up again. The slig pulled the trigger. He watched as the scrab fell. It wasn't getting up. Svag began to walk toward the fallen scrab.

As he ate the scrab he had shot earlier that day, he began to think about his past. Why did that mudokon have to die? The one creature that ever cared about him...gone.(see description) He sighed. Suddenly his head shot up, responding to a noise he heard. He saw a figure dash off into the woods. Someone, or something had been watching him. But what?

Sl'askia 11-29-2001 08:30 AM

(OOC: I was meaning not to add this character until after the Malice plot was over...but this is too tempting..)

Dementa had been watching this slig for sometime. She didn't know why...normally she didn't take an interest in anyone else...not because she was selfish...but because she tended to avoid others when she could lest they try to have direct physical contact with her...which she avoided at all costs. Dementa didn't like causing anyone pain...(see description)
She could see the sadness in the slig's eyes. Ah sadness and depression...two 'friends' of her's that she knew very well.
Be thankful slig... she thought, that your misery can't come close to mine...
She sighed, a small whine escaping. She saw the slig look up in her direction and by reflex she bolted...not wanting a confrontation...

oddite4456 11-29-2001 11:50 PM

Strangely enough, Svag sensed no danger. Probably just a paramite looking for a meal, he thought. He'd make sure to leave it some food. He went back to his meal. Something in his mind kept telling him,No, you fool. That was no paramite!, but he tried to disregard it as often as possible.
Leaving some of the scrab's remains, he went warily into the forest. The noctournal animals in this forest were far from friendly. He needed to find somewhere to sleep. Finally he found a place to stay. It was a hollow tree. After one last look around, he climbed inside. He removed his mechanical pants and cloak. By dawn he would begin his journey again. If only he knew where he was going. He remembered the day the voice had called him. It just beckoned for him to come, it didn't say where. But why did he answer its call?

Sl'askia 11-30-2001 01:02 AM

Dementa hadn't really gone far...she was still curious about this slig, she didn't know why. She watched him from a tree as he finished and walked off, her dark blue and purple coloration made it hard for anyone to spot her in the shadows of the tree.
As he left, she followed, silently leaping from tree to tree. She stopped finally when he climbed into a hollow tree.
Looks like he is stopping for the night... she thought, then yawned herself, I better call it quits for the night too...
She jumped into a tree across from the hole of the hollow tree, wrapped herself up in her cloak the best she could, curled up and fell asleep....

oddite4456 11-30-2001 09:32 AM

He ran through the building. His palms were sweaty, everything was in a mad rush. He was searching madly for something, but he didn't know what... Svag snapped awake. He had had nightmares since child hood, so he was use to them by now. He glaced out of the tree. He could see a peice of the sun at the horizon. He strapped his pants back on and picked up his machine gun and cloak. He climped out of his makeshift bunker and went on his way. The forest had a misty haze about it in the morning. There was fresh dew on the leaves, which reminded Svag of his thirst. He could hear a stream in the distance, he could get a drink from it when he got there. He felt a meek confidence, as the thought of something following him still lingered in his mind...

Abe's son 11-30-2001 05:58 PM

(occ:mind if i join?)
raznet was walking when some thing cought his eye scanScaning............................sacn complet slig thristy unawer of your persenceexelnt some preyhe thought
"hello" he said the slig turned and raised his gun "pleas don't be alrmed i wish you no harm..i only want peace" the slig thought for a moment "how do i know i can trust you?"the slig said "you can't" and with that raznet leped through the air and activaed his cwals and landed in frot of the silg....

The Less-Than-Big Bro 11-30-2001 06:55 PM

(OOC: Since i kinda wanna get into a storyline, is it okeydokey if i join this little storyline? Plz get back to me on that one.)

Sl'askia 11-30-2001 07:51 PM

"Go on...I dare ya." one of the other adolsent Drakkics said to her, "Go in there and swipe something from that old muds place."
"And if I don't?" she had asked, boldly.
"Heh...then we will tell the elders that you are the one that burned down that healer's hut." Another said nastilly.
"You can't do that!" she growled, arching her back.
"Sure we can...who would they believe more? The sons and daughters of the royal guards? Or a blue freak like you?"
She growled fiercelly...but gave in. It was bad enough that she was made fun of because of her odd coloration...she didn't need to be accqused of arson on top of that...
"Alright..." she said as she started creeping toward the hut...

Dementa woke up with a start. No she didn't want to remember that day...the day she was cursed.
Seeing that the sun was raising, she got up and jumped down from the tree. Noticing that the slig she was following had already left, she sniffed about and found his scent. Then started tracking him. Soon she found him, but he wasn't alone. Some sort of creature with a mechnical suit on was with him...and it's aggressive posture told her it was up to no good. She didn't know what to do to help the slig...the creature's suit covered its whole body from what she could tell, rendering her 'harm touch' useless and she really wasn't the fighting type.
She decided to wait...hidden in the bushes, and use ambush if she was needed...

(ooc: AS...I know you are only 10...but please 'proof read' (that means go over and correct any grammer/spelling mistakes) your post before posting it. Do you have Microsoft Office on your computer? If you do use Microsoft Word to type your post in first...then hit F7 to run the spelling/grammer checker program...it will help make your posts much more understandable to the rest of us.
Less-Than: you can if you like...at the mo this is seperate from the main plot.

Abe's son 11-30-2001 09:09 PM

what the....?he turned as he heard the bush rustle"more prey or ju-"*bam* raznet droped to the ground he lay motionles the slig looked at the bodie then he aproched..

Abe's son 11-30-2001 09:11 PM

what the....?he turned as he heard the bush rustle"more prey or ju-"*bam* raznet droped to the ground he lay motionles the slig looked at the bodie then he aproched..

Sl'askia 11-30-2001 09:26 PM

OOC: AS...that was too much control over someone else's character. Let Oddite4456 decide how his character will respond...besides...Dementa was using Stealth, you wouldn't have heard her.

Abe's son 11-30-2001 09:35 PM

man i suck *gos off to sleep chamber*

oddite4456 12-01-2001 09:18 PM

Abe's Son, I don't follow your post.

[ December 01, 2001: Message edited by: oddite4456 ]

Sl'askia 12-01-2001 11:11 PM

(OOC: *sigh* I think we should just pretend that never happened...so we can get back on track.)

It didn't take long for Dementa to find the slig again...so she followed from a safe distance, leaping from tree to tree, shadow to shadow.
Suddenly she landed on a branch that was weaker then she thought and it snapped under her weight. She cried out and tried to grab hold of another branch, but missed. Dementa was unable to twist herself into a safer landing postion in time and landed hard on her side, crying out again as she felt a couple of ribs break.
She clunched her side as she sat up, wincing in pain and muttering a few curses...

oddite4456 12-02-2001 01:48 AM

A loud thud echoed through the forest. Svag whirled around, gripping his machine gun tight. He didn't know what had made that sound; but whatever it was, it was big. He held his finger on the trigger as he cautiosly approached. He thought he could hear muttered curses. He clinched his teeth as he took a few more steps foreward. He didn't like the idea of something following him. Svag slipped behind a tree and peered around it. He saw something that looked blueish on the ground. Blue?, he thought, What in this forest could be blue? He cocked his machine gun and leapt around the tree into the open and saw...nothing. Whatever had been on the ground was gone now. It was very clear, now, that something was wacthing him. It probably didn't want to kill him; it would have struck by now if that was the case. What did this thing want with him?!

[ December 01, 2001: Message edited by: oddite4456 ]

Sl'askia 12-02-2001 12:41 PM

That was close... Dementa thought as she sat perched in the tree, still clunching her side. If she wasn't cursed she would have stayed put and possibly let the slig help her. But she was cursed...and if he was to touch her via skin to skin he would end up doubling over in pain, so she wanted to keep that from happening.
Still...she was starting to feel guilty about following him, by now the slig must be a nervious wreck wondering who was following him and why.
With a sigh she decided to speak out.
"Sorry...I was acting on reflex." she said in a non-threatening tone as she jumped down. She landed with cat-like grace in front of him, but winced in pain as that act made her injury act up....

Abe's son 12-02-2001 04:57 PM

am i still in this?

oddite4456 12-02-2001 11:55 PM

Svag stared in awe at the Blue Drakkic, but regained his senses quickly and nodded. That's what was following me?! @$#%!, I'm lucky to be alive!, he thought. Svag was surprized that something that large could have followed him so long without him detecting it. He thought he'd try to seem benevolent so he lowered his gun. The creature didn't seem to want to harm him, and he liked it that way. He decided to speak to the drakkic. "No apology needed, I understand." He said, even though he had no idea why the drakkic was trailing him. "We can go our separate ways or you can come with me, whatever you'd perfer." Svag held out his hand to her in aggreement...

oddite4456 12-03-2001 01:50 AM

OOC- Abe's son you can stay in if you only conrol Raznet and leave the other character's descisions up to their respective owners. (No offense)

[ December 02, 2001: Message edited by: oddite4456 ]

Abe's son 12-03-2001 11:50 AM

(occ:sory about the thing with drag but raznet fall'n was'nt cuse he shot me i was stuned cuse a tecncicly(sp) problem)
raznet got up off the ground "what the hell"he said"now theres to of them?well as they say the more thr marey the kill is"then he activaed his net launcher...

Sl'askia 12-03-2001 11:51 AM

Dementa looked at his hand a moment, hesitant. Then she remembered that she had her gloves on, so she took his hand.
"I am Dementa...." she said, casually, "I used to have a 'real' name...but I had forgotten it long ago. If you don't mind I would like to stick with you, where are you headed?"

Abe's son 12-03-2001 11:55 AM

"i'm trying to find the rest of us"*points to number 12 on his neack* "there has to be more me, you see i'm a...aaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!its happening agien!(sp)"raznet droped to his knees scaeming in pain then he fell to the ground

[ December 03, 2001: Message edited by: Abe's son ]

Sl'askia 12-03-2001 12:04 PM

Edit: ignore this....you beat me too it...

[ December 03, 2001: Message edited by: Dragadon ]

The Less-Than-Big Bro 12-03-2001 08:45 PM

Kelp and Kili were going quite carefully. They hadn't seen whatever had been moving through the trees, but they had heard it. Kelp had both his handguns out and waiting. Kili had her tomahawk drawn from her belt. They were this close to Pyke, and hopefully Asmitt, they weren't just gonna give in and die from some wild animal. Then, Kelp spun in a ninety degree rotation.

"What the hell was that!?"

His hoarse whisper spun Kili almost as fast. She had her tomahawk ready.

"Dunno."

Kelp let her advance. The tomahawk was almost too heavy to throw, as she had been forced to change the head alot. Now she had a stone. She needed it fixed up, but for now all it could do was bludgeon the sheit(not sp) outta someone. He stayed back. They had done this before. Then, Kili halted.

"Drakkic."

Both of them crouched behind the shrubbery that Kili had been hidden in. They heard bits and fragments of the Drakkic's words.

"My... Dementa... Stick with..."

"Trying... Find... Us..."

They suddenly notice a third figure in the small clearing, and see him spasm in pain.

"Let me help them."

"No, Kili. Drakkic = Danger"

"too bad" Kili steps out of the cover, and Kelp is forced to follow.

"Hello, my name is Kili and this is my friend Captian Kelp."

(OOC: thx!)

Sl'askia 12-03-2001 08:59 PM

(OOC: No prob)

Dementa wasn't sure what was going on, first this odd creature approached them and then went into a seize. Now there is a female mud and a big bro-like slig.
Too many around... she thought nervously.
She didn't like being around so many at once...not that she was anti-social...it was just that the more people there were around her the greater chance someone would touch her and get affected by the curse. Last time a stranger had touched her and felt the curses effects, he had accused her of doing it on purpose, when she had no control over it whatsoever, and tried to kill her. Well...he did end up 'killing' her...but the curse brought her back like it always did in the past.
She took a couple of steps back instinctively. Then as an afterthought she backed flipped into a tree, landing neatly on a branch. Suddenly pain, pain from the injury she got earlier shot through her. She gasped and clutched her side, crushing her eyes closed against the pain. She tittered, lost her balance and fell to the ground, just managing to land on her feet.
"I'll be alright..." she said, wincing still, "Just don't touch me..."

oddite4456 12-03-2001 10:37 PM

Svag glanced around to see what Dementa was looking at. Three more figures had appeared. Two of them looked as if they knew each other, one carried a tomahawk and the other what appeared to be two handguns. Immediately upon seeing the third figure, Svag pulled his machine gun from his back and held it in a vise-like grip. The third figure was the mechanical creature he had seen earlier, however, it was on its knees in what appeared to be intolerable pain.
Svag turned to Dementa and began to speak, but she was behind him. She had gracefully back-flipped onto a tree; but grabbed her side and fell to the ground, landing on her feet. "I'll be alright, just don't touch me..." she said.
Svag turned towards the cybernetic beast and began to meticulously calculate his attack...

[ December 03, 2001: Message edited by: oddite4456 ]

Sl'askia 12-03-2001 11:59 PM

After a moment the pain subsided and Dementa was able to stand up straight again. She looked carefully at the newcomers and read their body language.
The Big Bro-like slig looked hesitant, wary and kept glancing at her; she got the immpression that he didn't trust her in the least, though she couldn't guess why.
The mud looked concerned for the cyborg and Dementa was getting over all good vibes from her.
The cyborg...was hard to read. At first it was hostile but then it's manner became more positive before it keeled over in pain.
Overall she was a bit more concerned about the Big Bro-like slig then the cyborg, mainly due to the cyborg's current situation.
She glanced at Svag and could tell he was preparing to attack if need be.
"I don't there is a need to prepare to fight..." she said, low enough so that only Svag would here, "I don't see any immediate threat here."
In a way she couldn't blame him, these three were as much of a stranger to him as they were to her. But she had a strong feeling nothing bad was going to happen to them...a result of over 300 years experence...

DarkHoodness 12-04-2001 12:02 AM

(OOC: Since I'm not actually doing anything right now, can I join in here?)

*Meanwhile, not so far off from the group of people, Amphora is collecting berries off a bush, whilst Blue is up a tree gathering friut. They both look pretty tired, having been collecting friut all night. Being up the tree so high, Blue hears the group in the distance. She stops and listens some more, then hears more voices.*

Blue: "Dad?"

Amphora: "Yes?"

Blue: "I think I hear some voices commming from over there. . ."

Amphora: "Shh. . ." *Listens, and somehow manages to hear the voices as well.* "Me too. . . I thought I heard something earlier. . ."

Blue: *Stuffs a green banana like friut into the pocket on the back of her shorts* "Maybe we should go over and check it out?"

Amphora: "Yeah. . . That's what I was thinking. . ."

Blue: *Gets out some binochulars her mother found discarded in the forest a long time ago, and looks through them in the direction of the voices, and sees a strange female blue slig-like creature with a mudokon like body, a female mudokon with a tomahawk, a BBS, and some strange mechanical creature which she thinks is a slig in a suit, but isn't sure.* "Lets see. . . 4 people all together over there. 4 strange people at that. . . Oh wait. . ." *Spots a 5th person - a slig* "Nope, theres 5. Even that slig over there doesn't look normal either. . ."

Amphora: "Strange. . . These parts of the forest are ushally deserted. . ."

Blue: *Puts binoculars away* "Shall we go check them out then?" *Starts climbing down the tree*

Amphora: "Yeah, okay."

Blue: *Jumps off the tree and lands heavily on all fours, then stands up again.*

Amphora: *Hands Blue the berries, who puts them into her pocket.* "But get your weapon ready. They might be harmless, but you never know. . ." *Takes the blade from his belt and holds it in a non-offensive fashion.*

Blue: *Gets out her staff, and also holds it in a non-offensive fashion.* "Right, lets go then."

*They both start heading twoard the group, hacking thier way through rows of bushes that get in their way, making a fair bit of noise.*
- DH

oddite4456 12-04-2001 12:18 AM

(OOC- Sorry if I sound picky but Svag's not really a bigbro. He's more in between normal slig and bigbro.)

Svag turned and looked at Dementa. It seemed she had gotten over the pain in her side, and now stood erect. He hesitated to think about what she said; then nodded in agreement. Something in the back of his mind wouldn't let him fully trust the Drakkic. Something told him she was hiding some dark secret. But then again, he wasn't being extremely open to her, either. Once I know she can be trusted I will tell her of my past. Until then, She will only be told what I think she needs to know, Svag thought. He wondered why Dementa chose to come with him.

Putting those thoughts aside, Svag once again turned to face the new creatures. The cyborg seemed to be recovering, while the female mudokon was still approaching it. Although he tried to seem more calm, he kept his gun in the same vise-grip as before. He wasn't going to be as trusting of them as Dementa seemed to be. He knew trust was a way of blinding someone to their own death...

[ December 03, 2001: Message edited by: oddite4456 ]

DarkHoodness 12-04-2001 12:54 AM

(OOC: A note to Dragadon if you haven't recieved my e-mail yet: MSN is giving me problems and I don't seem to be able to sign in, and when I do sign in, it won't let me talk to anyone, as it just returns all my messages. I'm gonna go offline to play More Dull Kombat IV after this RPG post, so I'll see you tommorrow, okay?)

*Blue and Amphora gets closer to the group. Apon closer expection, the "Slig in a siut" is actually a cyborg thing, which was crouched over in pain (Do cyborgs feel pain? Blue thinks.), but is now recovering. The BBS is rather small, and doesn't seem to have as much equipment as a normal BBS. The mudokon looks vaugley normal. . . Just female. The blue slig like creature is actually one of those rare Drakkic creatures, just with legs and a feminine physique, and also a strange colour. She also seems to have injured her side. The slig seems to look like he has been through a lot, with rusty pants, and a dark skin colour.*

Blue: (Wispers to Amphora) "Shh. . . Lets go over there quietly."

*The two blue mudokons walk quietly up beside the blue drakkic and the slig and wait until they get noticed. . .*
- DH