Oddworld Forums

Oddworld Forums (http://www.oddworldforums.net/index.php)
-   Welcomes & Birthdays (http://www.oddworldforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Hey, I'm Moot (http://www.oddworldforums.net/showthread.php?t=22186)

Moot 03-24-2016 10:06 AM

Hey, I'm Moot

I very rarely hop on forums and actually contribute, but the Soulstorm ARG has got me mighty intrigued! There's only one other major-ish forum I used, and I left it months ago due to drama. I wanna see if the Oddworld forums fits my fancy.

So I'm Moot, nice to meet you guys!

(Insert obligatory humorous waving .gif)

Edit: I'm bad at introductions.

Mr. Bungle 03-24-2016 10:09 AM

Hey there, and welcome, fellow Ontariarian!

No relation to the creator of 4chan right

STM 03-24-2016 10:12 AM

Hey, you're not Moot, you're great!

Moot 03-24-2016 10:13 AM

:

()
Hey there, and welcome, fellow Ontariarian!

No relation to the creator of 4chan right

I get that a lot! Moot derives from Kalamoot. People referred to me as Moot instead, so I use the name whenever it's available, or I default to Kalamoot.

So the answer is, thankfully not!

Varrok 03-24-2016 10:22 AM

Welcome to the forums!

Vlam 03-24-2016 10:24 AM

Hello, Moot. What is your favorite Oddworld game?

Moot 03-24-2016 10:29 AM

:

()
Welcome to the forums!

Thanks!

:

()
Hello, Moot. What is your favorite Oddworld game?

By far Exoddus, it was the first one I played. Strangers Wrath is real good to me too. I'm currently playing Oddysee, but finding the dated mechanics to be a little frustrating (compared to Exoddus). I've been getting an itch to play Exoddus again recently!

Varrok 03-24-2016 10:33 AM

What about NnT?

Crashpunk 03-24-2016 10:35 AM

I'M NOT SO MOOT!
AND WE'RE THE MOOT GRUMPS!

Em. Sorry about that.

Welcome! It's nice to see an increase of new members. Hope you enjoy your stay!

Xorlidyr 03-24-2016 10:49 AM

I have rainbows packed for you.

Moot 03-24-2016 10:56 AM

:

()
I have rainbows packed for you.

I'm colorblind:fuzblink:

:

()
Welcome! It's nice to see an increase of new members. Hope you enjoy your stay!

Thanks, me too!

:

()
What about NnT?

I'm yet to pick it up. I just really like the dark grimy style, and it looks a lot brighter! I'll have to try it out though.

Xorlidyr 03-24-2016 11:00 AM

Then let you just enjoy love here.
Kisses.

Varrok 03-24-2016 11:03 AM

:

()
I'm colorblind:fuzblink:

Prove it!

:

I'm yet to pick it up. I just really like the dark grimy style, and it looks a lot brighter! I'll have to try it out though.
Um. Don't get your hopes too high, if you like dark, grimy styles (I do, too!)

Moot 03-24-2016 11:23 AM

:

()
Prove it!

Um. Don't get your hopes too high, if you like dark, grimy styles (I do, too!)

Yeah, from what I've seen it looks far brighter, and actually a little daunting considering my colorblindness. That is, from what I have seen, the mines are really difficult to spot!

Proof, what proof! I was stuck for a good 2 hours on Paramonian Temple in AO, because I had to dismantle three flashing mines in a row.. thankfully I just learned the sound pattern, and managed it (;

Vlam 03-24-2016 11:27 AM

It's almost impossible for me, without being visually impaired, to dismantle flashing mines in NnT.

Varrok 03-24-2016 11:29 AM

:

Proof, what proof!
I actually posted a link behind the "Prove it" text. If you didn't notice it because of the golden color... hey, you passed the test! I believe you now! You can click it anyway, thought!

:

I was stuck for a good 2 hours on Paramonian Temple in AO, because I had to dismantle three flashing mines in a row.. thankfully I just learned the sound pattern, and managed it (;
I don't want to sound *too* negative about NnT, but you're gonna have even more problems with NnT mines ;)

Edit: Vlam's right, the mines are broken in NnT

So... deuteranopia, right?

Vlam 03-24-2016 11:32 AM

Let's be positive about NnT: visually impaired or not, we're all in the same boat.

Varrok 03-24-2016 11:41 AM

Always an optimist

Moot 03-24-2016 11:59 AM

We can love a game and still criticize it! I love me some Drak Sools, but Dark Souls 2 wasn't anything compared to the first imo. Doesn't mean I hate, I just see its flaws.

And I noticed it was a link when I quoted you actually (I didn't realize it was a different color until right now, since you've mentioned it ;-; ), and the ad-campaign is interesting. But I could still barely see it said "Life", and had to look at the comments to see what it said.

That aside I believe I have Monochromacy. I originally took the test when I was very little (we believe it was red-green, since that was what my Grandfather had), and didn't get retested until only recently, and it seems that's what I have.

Varrok 03-24-2016 12:15 PM

:

()
We can love a game and still criticize it! I love me some Drak Sools, but Dark Souls 2 wasn't anything compared to the first imo. Doesn't mean I hate, I just see its flaws.

I have only played DS1 to the end, and DS1 is pretty much perfect. DS2 seems much easier and has heal items that are bonfire-independent, which sucks, it's like a step backwards to Demon's Souls.

:

That aside I believe I have Monochromacy. I originally took the test when I was very little (we believe it was red-green, since that was what my Grandfather had), and didn't get retested until only recently, and it seems that's what I have.
Well, that's tough.

Moot 03-24-2016 12:36 PM

:

()
I have only played DS1 to the end, and DS1 is pretty much perfect. DS2 seems much easier and has heal items that are bonfire-independent, which sucks, it's like a step backwards to Demon's Souls.
Well, that's tough.

I just feel DS1 is intelligently difficult, while DS2 just used a lot of enemies, and unforeseeable traps to make it difficult. I still liked DS2, but I'm very excited for DS3 in hopes that it'll go back to its roots, in terms of difficulty.

And it could be worse, I could be blind! And besides it's not like I ever really notice colorblindness.. cept for those damn mines! ;-;

Xorlidyr 03-24-2016 12:38 PM

I just wanted to tell you that you perceive the world in a much more emotionally beautiful way.

Varrok 03-24-2016 12:40 PM

Have you done DS1 solo, or with help? I'm redoing my playthrough, now online, and coop makes this game a cakewalk

Moot 03-24-2016 12:49 PM

:

()
I just wanted to tell you that you perceive the world in a much more emotionally beautiful way.

That's a good way of thinking about it, I suppose!

:

()
Have you done DS1 solo, or with help? I'm redoing my playthrough, now online, and coop makes this game a cakewalk

I've played it alone, I've played it in co-op, and have helped my friend play through it. But yeah, co-op really does help, especially if the person who's helping knows their way through. There's only one boss I need a partner for - the Four Kings ;-;

Nepsotic 03-24-2016 01:09 PM

Co-op makes DS much more fun imo
I'm planning on doing the Dark Souls 3 chicken wing challenge.

Varrok 03-24-2016 01:13 PM

Note: Nepsotic sucks at Dark Souls. Vyrien did all the work on his playthrough.

Moot 03-24-2016 01:13 PM

:

()
Co-op makes DS much more fun imo
I'm planning on doing the Dark Souls 3 chicken wing challenge.

I just googled it, and jesus christ you need to wear gloves if you want to hold them! They're going in your mouth, what are gloves going to do!? lool

Edit: Recently I played through DS2 with my girlfriend, and she absolutely carried me through a good half of the game, because I was busy messing about.

Nepsotic 03-24-2016 01:25 PM

Idk, I'm just going to shove them in without thinking about it and try to finish all 20 before my mouth disintegrates.

I started out bad at DS1, but playing with Vyrien I got pretty good pretty fast. Varrok is the one who took 15 minutes to beat the Taurus Demon.

Varrok 03-24-2016 01:26 PM

Git gud nep

Mac Sirloin 03-24-2016 01:39 PM

Welcome to OWF, home of that weird Abe picture Crash keeps posting that always makes me laugh anyway.

Enjoy yoursmellf.