Oddworld Forums

Oddworld Forums (http://www.oddworldforums.net/index.php)
-   Oddworld Discussion (http://www.oddworldforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Oddworld Questions & Answers IX (http://www.oddworldforums.net/showthread.php?t=21432)

Wil 11-20-2013 05:38 AM

Oddworld Questions & Answers IX

Welcome to the ninth edition of Oddworld Questions & Answers, one of the Oddworld Forums’ oldest traditions.

What do I post here?

This unofficial Q&A is intended to reduce the amount small threads in Oddworld Discussion that never last long, and exist only to answer a simple question. Some good questions that have been asked in the past include: Who is the leader of the Mudokons? What does ‘Zulag’ mean? What are the MameGame Generators? Members should feel free to contribute known and speculated answers.

This is also a media request thread. Ask for pictures, sound files, videos, and links here.

I have a question!

Mathematical! But before you ask it, please check to make sure your question isn’t already answered by Oddworld Inhabitants’ official FAQ, the Oddworld Library’s unofficial F.A.Q. (now somewhat out of date… I really should get on that), or in a previous edition of Oddworld Q&A (see below for links to these). Also, try searching for your answer on the Oddworld Forums by using its own search engine, or using Google by adding ‘site:www.oddworldforums.net’ to your search term. Trust me, everything that’s public knowledge about Chroniclers, Khanzumerz, Squeek, and SligStorm has been talked about on here a dozen times.

Some questions don’t belong in this thread.
  • Questions about how you can obtain Oddworld games or merchandise should go in the Buy List thread (please also see the Buy page on Oddworld.com).
  • Questions about gameplay or technical problems should go in the Oddworld Help forum.
  • Questions about the Oddworld Forums should go in the Forum Suggestions & Help forum.

I’d like to request a picture/video/link

Super stuff. Just be aware that The Oddworld Archives already hosts a huge collection of images, audio, video, archived websites, and links to interviews, designer diaries, and more! Please look there before asking here.

Previous editions of Oddworld Questions & Answers

Previous editions of Picture Request

Bullet Magnet 11-20-2013 05:24 PM

Are you Alf?

Nate 11-20-2013 06:22 PM

No he's not. Why does no-one ever listen to me?! Alf is Alf.

Bullet Magnet 11-20-2013 09:15 PM

Oh, okay.

Are you Alf?

Xavier 11-22-2013 01:44 AM

I am Alf.

Ok so, now that this is out of the way, can we please move on?

STM 11-22-2013 01:53 AM

Imposter! I am Alf!

Varrok 11-22-2013 03:48 AM

http://i.imgur.com/MsWGpKH.jpg

Nepsotic 11-23-2013 06:52 AM

Is Alf anyone off the forums?

Varrok 11-23-2013 07:23 AM

Alf was actually you all that time.

..you didn't expect such plot twist, did you

Auriel 11-23-2013 04:46 PM

:

()

..you didn't expect such plot twist, did you

In all honesty, I doubt anything would surprise me after sifting through the recent posts which I've only even done for the past 5-10 minutes.

Nate 11-23-2013 05:19 PM

Okay, that's enough. Q&A, please.

Varrok 11-24-2013 12:17 AM

Do fleeches have genders?

Nate 11-24-2013 03:47 AM

I... uhhh... Thanks Varrok, now I'm imagining fleech sex. There goes any chance of me sleeping well tonight.

abe is now! 11-24-2013 04:20 AM

Here's a question: what are Slurgs? Seriously. Ok they look like some disgusting snails but do they have some history?

Wil 11-24-2013 05:14 AM

They used to have shells but they were stolen by the Glukkons to manufacture mattresses for Slig armies.

MeechMunchie 11-24-2013 05:37 AM

:

()
Do fleeches have genders?

Given that they're based on slugs, worms and leeches, they're probably hermaphrodites. Caterpillars, grubs and inchworms have no functional sexual organs at all, but considering they're supposed to be reproducing in the sewers...

Where does the "F" in "Fleech" come from? Flytrap?

Wil 11-24-2013 06:29 AM

Frog. They're also based on alligators.

Varrok 11-24-2013 06:55 AM

:

()
I... uhhh... Thanks Varrok, now I'm imagining fleech sex. There goes any chance of me sleeping well tonight.

That was supposed to be my second question

JayDee 11-24-2013 03:17 PM

In the same way a male tarantula is identifiable by swollen pedipalps, would a male fleech be identifiable by a swollen tongue containing lovely Fleech semen?

Also, could this be used as shampoo?

Varrok 11-24-2013 07:58 PM

If only the Glukkon managers knew about this

Bullet Magnet 11-24-2013 10:57 PM

I always thought that they had a boy head on one end and a suspiciously androgynous head on the other.

Jbot123 11-25-2013 11:37 AM

I never had the "original" Abe's Exoddus, how did the two-disc thing work?

Slog Bait 11-25-2013 11:43 AM

The same way most multiple disc psx games worked. When you got to the 'midpoint' of the game, or whenever the first disc ran out of space to store more information (in this case it was the bit right before entering Feeco for the first time) the game would tell you to insert the next disc. So, you'd just open the console while the game was still running and switch out the discs and it would continue on from there.

I believe some 360 games still do that?

Wil 11-25-2013 12:41 PM

And then out of habit you would press the power button, because that's what you do when you've put a disc in. And then, oh dear.

Bullet Magnet 11-25-2013 08:58 PM

You got some craaaaazy habits, man. I've always had a preference for the disc tray button, myself. Though my current box prefers to withdraw the tray all by itself, usually when you're still trying to put the new disc in. And when they get wedged in there, then we get the "oh dear".

Wil 11-26-2013 01:56 AM

The eject button on a PS1 didn't lower the lid, why would you press that?

Bullet Magnet 11-26-2013 02:55 AM

Oh, we're talking about PS1s? Hold on... my memory of that time takes a while to load.

STM 11-26-2013 07:20 AM

I never had that problem with my PS1.

Ever.

:3

Crashpunk 11-26-2013 01:00 PM

I remember losing Disc 2 of Abe's Exoddus, I could only play up to FeeCo :(

BoneScrapings 12-03-2013 07:48 AM

Hope this is the right place to post this...
I'm noticing in previews for New n Tasty that Abe seems to be the only Mudokon worker with the feather-like pony tail thing this time around. The rest so far appear to be bald headed. Is this because the game isn't finished, or is it a deliberate thematic change?