Oddworld Forums

Oddworld Forums (http://www.oddworldforums.net/index.php)
-   Oddworld Help (http://www.oddworldforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Abe's Oddysee Quicksave? (http://www.oddworldforums.net/showthread.php?t=15799)

llVIU 05-29-2007 02:02 AM

About Abe's Odysee save/load

Hello, I'm looking for a way to be able to save/load in Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee just like in Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus... it makes a huge differance and it's annoying to start a whole path just because I made 1 small mistake. http://www.oddworldforums.net/images...icon12_odd.gif

To be a little more detailed, I just can't get past a certain part because the gap betwen 1 checkpoint and the next is too large and I make at least 1 mistake that gets me killed before I get to the next checkpoint.

Therefor, I'm in search of a way to help me get passed this, besides this, the quickload and quicksave feature put on Oddworld Abe's Oddysee would make it much more fun. http://www.oddworldforums.net/images...icon10_odd.gif

Besides that, I would be grateful if any of you knows where I can get a version of Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee that includes the movie clips since mine doesn't have any of them.

Any help is apreciated, thank you for reading.

Nate 05-29-2007 03:40 AM

There's no way to quicksave in Abe's Oddysee. Yes, it's frustrating - that's why they introduced it in AE. Perhaps if you tell us which bit you're having trouble with, we may be able to help you out.

As for the FMVs, it sounds to me like you've got an illegally downloaded copy of the game. I can't think of any other reason why they're not showing. If that's true, we can't help you. If it's not true, then you'll also have to give us more information so we can work out why they're no showing.

Welcome to the forums.

Jordan 05-29-2007 05:15 AM

I am pretty sure someone on here hacked a Quicksave function into AO.
It gets really annoying, I know, but you have to live with it. Either check a walkthrough, or you can ask us. ;)

Wil 05-29-2007 06:06 AM

Apart from your copy being illegally downloaded, are you sure you have the game disc in your computer? The FMVs run off that.

llVIU 05-29-2007 08:08 AM

Trust me I know perfectly what to do, it's just that I can't put the perfect timing 100% of the time, and besides, reading a walktrough would ruin all the fun of discovering. :p

As for the "FMV"s, it doesn't even work off a normal CD (I bought Abe's Exoddus original CD a while ago and it doesn't work anymore because of my Windows version and neither does Oddysee witch I tryed with an original CD, aldough they both work from versions I've found off various sites, and Abe's Exoddus FMVs work without any CD so I guess it should be a version out there of Oddysee that has the FMVs and doesn't require a CD).

Alex2405 05-30-2007 10:53 AM

Asking

:

()
I am pretty sure someone on here hacked a Quicksave function into AO.
It gets really annoying, I know, but you have to live with it. Either check a walkthrough, or you can ask us. ;)

He asked us! :)

Mistress of Oddworld 05-31-2007 09:12 PM

I have never once needed the quiksave whilst playing AO. All advice i can give you is, practice, practice, practice! If you could quiksave, the game would be way too easy, thus not as rewarding at the end, nor as challenging. But quiksave would be good!!

RachaelH 06-01-2007 04:21 AM

You could get the PS1 version and use an emulator - That way you could quicksave and quickload at any time.

Wil 06-01-2007 08:59 AM

No you couldn’t. You can’t QuikSave on any version of AO, including the PS original.

RachaelH 06-01-2007 10:56 AM

:

()
No you couldn’t. You can’t QuikSave on any version of AO, including the PS original.

Yes you can if you emulate the PS1 version on the PC. There is a 'savestate' option within the emulator that saves the entire current game state. If using an emulator you can save the state of any game, anytime :)

Zerox 06-01-2007 02:06 PM

That is, it's well nigh impossible to find-no, wait. I think it is plausible, just that it takes 11 odd hours or summat stupid to just download the emulator/rom? Oh, I don't remember...>.<

It is bloody irritatinf sometimes, but you just have to put up with it, really.

Mistress of Oddworld 06-04-2007 02:23 AM

Seriously, what is so essential about quiksave on AO? Can't you just grit your teeth and bear with it?

Slig 7665 06-05-2007 12:19 PM

I find it anoying too but I live with it even if I do throw my controler across the room now and again.

djsolidsnake86 07-18-2007 09:03 AM

oddysee quick save

in abe's exoddus there is an important thing, the quick save that make the game more simple because i can save everywhere
there is a way for add this thing on oddysse? like a pc modification?

Alf Shall Rise 07-18-2007 09:39 AM

Nothing I ever heard about. I don't think so. Then again I don't have the PC version. >_>

CaitSithX 07-18-2007 11:00 AM

I know I recall finding one somewhere, but I have no clue where it's located anymore. I'll post again if I do find it.

Jordan 07-18-2007 11:48 AM

Why would you even want a Quiksave in AO? The game is alright as it is. And Quiksave would ruin the whole challenge.

djsolidsnake86 07-18-2007 12:32 PM

:

()
I know I recall finding one somewhere, but I have no clue where it's located anymore. I'll post again if I do find it.

yes please ^^

Paul 07-18-2007 02:23 PM

you could always try the playstation version on a emulator and use statestates, maybe the xbox ps1 emulator will run AO/AE ok?

djsolidsnake86 07-19-2007 12:09 AM

i prefer play the pc version
it has a better graphic

ElumFan 07-20-2007 12:01 PM

Abe's Oddysee Quicksave?

I was just wondering if Abe's Oddysee (PSX version) can possibly quicksave like in Munch's Oddysee. So right when I load the game, I am RIGHT where I stood when I saved the game.

If it's possible to quicksave in Abe's Oddysee, please let me know!(=

Paul 07-20-2007 01:36 PM

hasnt there been like 2 threads on this already? its only possible if you use save state in an emulator

djsolidsnake86 07-24-2007 01:35 PM

:

()

have you found something?

corpuschristie 07-27-2007 10:21 AM

try this site.if there is a PS1 emulator you should be able to find it here. http://www.emulator-zone.com

Patrick Vykkers 07-29-2007 08:06 PM

The lack of Quiksave is the primary reason why I have never finished AO in any state, Black, bad, good, or Angelic, and why I prefer AE.

LIJI 07-30-2007 05:25 AM

http://oddworld.com/firsttenyears/ga...ao_hints.shtml

Funnily enough, although the page talk about about AO it says "Two words: QuikSave®, baby!"

Paul 07-30-2007 06:52 AM

well now you can also cheat using the -its_me_your_father thing on the pc version :p

alf's brother's mate 07-30-2007 07:59 AM

well dont u think cheatin gets a bit borin sumtimes cos u just win all the time?

Alf Shall Rise 07-30-2007 08:22 AM

Naw. I love winning. :D

Paul 07-30-2007 08:58 AM

:

()
well dont u think cheatin gets a bit borin sumtimes cos u just win all the time?

you can use the cheat to get back where you where quickly, i.e use it like quiksave