Oddworld Forums

Oddworld Forums (http://www.oddworldforums.net/index.php)
-   Oddworld Discussion (http://www.oddworldforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Lorne Lanning Soulstorm Electric Playground Interview (http://www.oddworldforums.net/showthread.php?t=24701)

SoulStorm64 06-06-2019 01:33 PM

Lorne Lanning Soulstorm Electric Playground Interview

New interview Just posted on the Electric Playground Youtube Page

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxqZwK_giM0

moxco 06-06-2019 02:36 PM

Lorne called Soul Storm the second part of the Quintology (still a stupid word), but I thought traditionally he considered Exoddus to be a spin off and not part of the main series.

Nemin 06-06-2019 10:50 PM

That's true, but SS is not simply an AE remake. He also said that the Quintology is now about Abe.

Nepsotic 06-06-2019 11:08 PM

The Quintology is whatever you want it to be

STM 06-07-2019 06:02 AM

The Quintology is the friends we made along the way.

Abeguy 06-07-2019 06:36 AM

The Quintology was inside you, the whole time.

Auriel 06-07-2019 07:47 AM

:

()
He also said that the Quintology is now about Abe.

That's...worrying.

Nate 06-07-2019 08:07 AM

I think the idea is that he's trying to tell the same larger story about Mudos, but without adding extra heros along the way. So I'm guessing in Soulstorm we're gonna be seeing about Maggie and Sam and hints towards Maggie's grandma with Gorman Disenza.

Is there anything in this video worth watching it for?

Nemin 06-07-2019 10:35 AM

I'd say no and neither in the other video. He's just repeating shit we've already heard many times. Disappointing, but not surprising.

Nepsotic 06-07-2019 12:08 PM

:

()
Disappointing, but not surprising.

Well what did you expect? That's basically the company's tagline at this point.

Holy Sock 06-07-2019 12:15 PM

He said on Twitter that we'll learn more about Abes stitches in Soulstorm. So if that's still tied in with Sam then Nate may be right.

Littleleeroy 06-09-2019 01:31 AM

I hate the camera angle.

MA 06-10-2019 02:24 PM

what in the goddamn hell i thought it was hogshit who the hell does he think he is god damn back in my day you worked for a living god damn it and look at him flouncing around with his luscious hair talking about oddworld like he fucking gives a fuck i tell ya one thing my friend if there ever is a day that my demented pointless mind becomes barely conscious of the things i'm saying i'll tell you this buddy, it won't be today because if we're all going to come down to it it's like we're all part of one big organism you know? we're all just different variations of the same person and if we all hold hands and stand in a circle, maybe we can use the power of love to make the world a happy place or maybe just maybe if we all rub our cocks together we can create a cosmic space baby capable of destroying entire galaxies but ohhhhh noooo, lorne won't allow it the bell end

Varrok 06-11-2019 10:40 PM

https://i.imgur.com/URRLcHk.png

STM 06-12-2019 05:55 AM

:

()
what in the goddamn hell i thought it was hogshit who the hell does he think he is god damn back in my day you worked for a living god damn it and look at him flouncing around with his luscious hair talking about oddworld like he fucking gives a fuck i tell ya one thing my friend if there ever is a day that my demented pointless mind becomes barely conscious of the things i'm saying i'll tell you this buddy, it won't be today because if we're all going to come down to it it's like we're all part of one big organism you know? we're all just different variations of the same person and if we all hold hands and stand in a circle, maybe we can use the power of love to make the world a happy place or maybe just maybe if we all rub our cocks together we can create a cosmic space baby capable of destroying entire galaxies but ohhhhh noooo, lorne won't allow it the bell end

my favourite thing about lorne is that he made my favourite game and i hate it and him

SlashClaw 06-12-2019 06:30 AM

do you have a bigger res of that i want to use it

Varrok 06-12-2019 08:06 AM

http://www.oocities.org/timessquare/...cters/slig.jpg This + mspaint

SlashClaw 06-13-2019 12:00 AM

well my anti Malware hates that site

Nepsotic 06-13-2019 04:04 AM

Nobody hates Lorne. He is a doofus. People here seriously love jumping to extremes.

E: I take that back. FANDOM MENACE ASSEMBLE! ENGAGE MAXIMUM TOXICITY MODE

MA 06-13-2019 06:40 AM

i wasn't jumping to any extremes, i was just making a dumb joke my contrary little friend.

Nepsotic 06-13-2019 08:11 AM

No you weren't and I'm not contrary!

MA 06-13-2019 09:45 AM

no u!

Phoetux 06-13-2019 01:33 PM

Kids, stop fighting. The toxic demons aren't going to kill theirselves.

Admiral Zaarin 06-15-2019 10:53 AM

I don't know if the devs monitor the forums for feedback (and which topic is better to live your feedback in) but I have to say the following. Overall I like the trailers and the gameplay footage but there are so much flashing lights in the environment it's distracting (and it also kind of deminishes the atmosphere). I mean all the neon direction lights going from the levers to the corresponding machinery, the lights at the ledges etc. To me it would've been much better to replace the aforementioned neon lights with colored wires and mark climable and un-climable ledges with paint as it was done in Exoddus. The less bright lightsources - the better. I'd also refrain from using the lightning effect on the teleporter doors but use wires to show where the door takes Abe instead. I see the devs are putting alot of effort in the game but I hope they tone down the visual atmosphere a bit.

Anyway, I'm a long-time fan of Oddworld and look forward to Soulstorm.

Littleleeroy 06-16-2019 11:52 PM

:

()
Overall I like the trailers and the gameplay footage but there are so much flashing lights in the environment it's distracting (and it also kind of deminishes the atmosphere). I mean all the neon direction lights going from the levers to the corresponding machinery, the lights at the ledges etc.

I see the devs are putting alot of effort in the game but I hope they tone down the visual atmosphere a bit.

I perceive the over-the-top lights and action to be an allegory for current society, full of technology and stimulation. I assume that will be juxtaposed with the other environments, such as Paramonia, to illustrate just how extreme the difference is.

OWI_Alex 06-17-2019 01:59 AM

:

()
I perceive the over-the-top lights and action as an allegory for current society, full of technology and stimulation. I assume that will be juxtaposed with the other environments, such as Paramonia, to illustrate just how extreme the difference is.

the notion that every level will look exactly the same as comet depot is an odd one, for sure.

Nepsotic 06-17-2019 03:58 AM

But the notion that the areas we've already seen look shitty isn't at all odd...

OWI_Alex 06-17-2019 06:38 AM

:

()
But the notion that the areas we've already seen look shitty isn't at all odd...

you'll always be my favourite OWF member.

Nepsotic 06-17-2019 06:48 AM

It takes a lot to get you to listen
Edit: Sorry, it isn't you who doesn't listen. I know it's not your fault, you always did your best. It's not your fault.

STM 06-17-2019 07:38 AM

Jesus fucking Christ dude do you ever take a day off?